This event is cancelled for 2020
This is a total family-friendly event with tons to do during the Weekend.
Come learn all about what’s in store for the fun weekend ahead for the InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival.
Balloon Festival Facts
When: Doors open 4:00 pm on Friday, September 20th at Oak Point Park. It also runs Saturday, September 21st from 6am – 10pm and Sunday, September 22nd from 6am – 7pm.
Where: Oak Point Park, 2801 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX 75074
Parking: Most parking will cost about $10 and check here for good places to park. (Collin College, Oak Point, First United Methodist Church are some of the choices. Another option for $5 is to park at Plano Center but you will have a farther walk!). Some visitors also park at the local Dart station at Parker Rd and get a free ride on a bus to get there.
Tickets: You can pre-purchase your tickets or buy them at the door. All Plano ISD elementary students usually get a complimentary ticket to get in free to the festival for one of the days so check those backpacks!
A Weekend Ticket costs $20 for the whole event
$10 for a 1 day ticket for ages 12+
$5 for a 1 day ticket for Kids aged 3-12 and for Seniors 65+
Free Tickets are available for Kids who are under 36 inches and all Military and First Responders.
For the Kids’ Fun Zone, you can purchase a wristband for all-day-play which is valid on Inflatable and Mechanical rides only for $20.
Check out all the Fall Festivals in Dallas & Collin County
If you have never been to the Plano Balloon Festival, you are in for a real treat! This is one of Plano’s biggest event’s and it is so much fun!
- The biggest attractions are the Balloons of course. There will be 40 beautiful, colorful balloons lighting up and taking off into the sky 2x a day along with a fun ‘glow’ that happens each night. (This is fun for the kids!) The 12 featured Special Shapes that are participating this year include Joelly the Baby Bee, Betty Jean the Butterfly, Tomcat, Terry Mouse, Bimbo Bear, High Kitty, Peg Leg Pete the Pirate Parrot, Humpty Dumpty, Love Birds, Annie the Lady Bug, SpyderPig, and the always popular High Jack.
- A Parachute Team will perform Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons at 5:30 pm by jumping from their plane over the park and landing right in the middle of the launch field
- Local Bands will perform Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night and Community Groups will be performing on the main stage throughout the event.
- FIREWORKS will go off on Saturday night!!!
- To top it all off Friday and Saturday evenings there will be a Balloon GLOW after dark that is a must see! Get there around 7.30 to get a good spot on the lawn or hills for the best view. You can step onto the ground with the balloons to get a close-up look also.
What activities are there for Younger Kids?
Still looking for something for the kids to do there? They have an entire area designated just for Kids, called Central Market Kids Zone Fun! This will include bounce houses, rides, and fun. Tickets and wristbands are available in the kids’ zone area for purchase at $2 – $4 per ride or an all-day-play wristband for $20 per child.
Be sure to check out the “Toddler Zone.” Designed with young toddlers in mind, they can experience the fun of inflatables that are just their size. Children can enjoy the creative make and take art activities in our FREE Kids Korner as they make their way through the different craft stations. Get your Face Painted and explore music at the Plano Symphony Orchestra Instrument Area.
Know Before You Go:
- This event is very fun but it’s outside and is weather permitting. It can be very hot still in September so dress accordingly and plan to be hot! If it does rain the balloon events do get canceled.
- It will be crowded. Be prepared for crowds, bring your patience.
- You are not encouraged to bring pets!
- Coolers are allowed but they do have tons of food trucks and food vendors set up so plan to eat some yummy food out there!
- Bring chairs and blankets for picnic style and enjoy the evening. Bubbles or a Ball are good entertainment while you are waiting for the events to start.
- If you are planning to buy the wristband for the Kids Zone, go early as lines get longer during the afternoon and before the “Glow”
- Wear comfortable shoes because you might have to park and walk far.
- Plan to have some family fun and enjoy this amazing event!!
We’ll see you at the Plano Balloon Festival!
How many days are left??