We love sharing our favorite events for local families who are looking for Plano events nearby. Look no further than our Dallas and Plano Events near me (and you) for the top things to do each month.
Our Calendar of things to do nearby around Plano, Frisco, Dallas, and the DFW area. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do this weekend, we have those too.
Even if these events don’t make it on your calendar this month, why not visit some of our great parks and trails and hike, or take a Scavenger Hunt in Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve or the ever-popular Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, the Heritage Farmstead Museum or some of the great Plano attractions in Downtown Plano Arts District, like the Texas Electric Railway and Interurban Railway Museum in Plano, TX.
We update these events happening this month and scour the Internet looking for the best and most fun things to do nearby for families. For more information on any event, please contact the event organizer directly. Plano Moms does not host any of these events, but we do share them when we find them.
Note: Seasonal Event listings are updated about a month before the season.
Things to do in October
Who else is excited for the State Fair of Texas and the Plano International Festival? We have all the Fall Festivals, Pumpkin Patches, Haunted Houses, Halloween Events, Neighborhoods to Trick or Treat and more!
***FEATURED EVENT***Traders Village
Family fun doesn’t have to cost a fortune! An ALL-DAY ride wristband starts at ONLY $14.99 at Traders Village. There are kiddie rides, rides the whole family can enjoy, and thrill rides. Their newest addition, the Prairie Screamer roller coaster is perfect for families and thrill seekers alike. Experience the impressive array of amusement park rides every Saturday in October with our BUY ONE GET ONE FREE* Ride Wristband.
Only at Traders Village, can you shop from over 3,500 vendors offering everything from children’s toys, tires, furniture to vintage clothing, all at a bargain. There’s even a farmer’s market with fresh fruit, vegetables, and plants.
Besides the rides and great shopping, there’s always something fun happening at the market. FREE live music, festivals, and family events are planned year-round.
Join Traders Village as they celebrate 50 years of family fun and supporting small businesses. Traders Village is located off Highway 360 in Grand Prairie.
*equal or lesser value
When: every Saturday in October
Where: Traders Village, Grand Prairie
Cost: wristbands from $14.99
***FEATURED EVENT***Plano International Festival
Tour the world and improve your wellness at the Plano International Festival! The area’s largest cultural event has food, fun and entertainment for the whole family. Enjoy multicultural music and dance performances, ethnic food trucks, cultural displays, an art exhibit and more. Kids can explore free Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math activities plus travel the booths with a Festival Passport! Come early for free flu and COVID shots and a variety of health screenings and services at the Wellness Fair, 10 am to 1 pm in the Courtyard Theater. Get moving in the Fitzone with interactive fitness demos. Admission and parking are free. Visit www.planointernationalfestival.org for details. Come experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the world!
When: October 14, 11 am – 5 pm
Where: Haggard Park
New Businesses Opening
- JEI Learning Center Plano on October 14, 10 am – 10.30 am. Popcorn and balloons will be available.
Grab your girlfriends, and your credit card and plan a fun day out
Our Picks for you:
- Sunset Movie Night: Mean Girls at The Shops at Willow Bend on October 3 from 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm.
- Art & Wine Walk at Castle Hills Village Plaza on October 5 from 6 pm – 9 pm. Free Event.
- Fall Fashion Show, October 7, 11 am – 1 pm. McCall Plaza
- Buy a bag of books sale at Haggard Library from October 7 – 15. $10 a bag, cash only.
- Arlington Nutcracker Market is on October 7 from 10 am – 4.30 pm at Arlington Convention Center.
- Hall-O-Ween Sip n Shop is on October 8 from 11 am – 4 pm at Legacy Hall. Free event.
- Adriatica Wine Walk & Shop is on October 8 from 1 pm – 5 pm in McKinney. Tickets are $25 – $30.
- 7th Annual Ladies Night is on at Lone Star Mercantile in Allen on October 10 from 7 pm – 10 pm. Free wine & treats.
- Fall Sip & Stroll in the Star District in Frisco is on October 12 from 6 pm – 9 pm. Tickets $35.
- Hollydays Market of Plano is on October 19 – 21 at Plano Event Center.
- Art & Wine Walk in Downtown Plano on October 19 from 5 pm – 8 pm.
- Fall Arts & Crafts Expo and Sale is on at Carpenter Park Rec Center Plano on October 22 from 11 am – 4 pm.
- Pick up your fresh produce at one of many Farmer’s markets in the area.
- Make sure you catch one of the Sip and Stroll shopping events happening in Downtown Plano, usually on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Go to a Night market – we suggest the Night Market at CityLine DFW or Celina’s Friday night market. You’ll often find live music and food options to grab dinner while you’re out.
Enjoy some live music
- 43rd Annual Denton Arts & Jazz Festival is on October 6 – 8 at Quakertown Park, Denton. Free event.
- Beatles Night 2023 is on October 14 from 7 pm – 10.30 pm at Red Tail Pavilion, Plano. $17 for adults, $12 for kids.
- CityLine Live is on every Friday and Saturday in October from 6 pm – 9 pm at CityLine DFW in Richardson.
- Concerts by the Creek is on every Saturday in October in Watters Creek Allen from 7 pm – 9 pm.
- McKinney Wine & Music Festival is October 14 from 12 pm – 5 pm. Tickets $35 – $85.
Let’s Get Outside
- Florigami in the Garden is on at Fort Worth Botanic Garden through October 9. Included with general admission.
- Dinosaurs Live! Life-Size Animatronic Dinosaurs at The Heard Museum in McKinney from September 2 through February 19, 2024. Included with general admission.
- Diwali at the Beach at Little Elm Beach on October 1 from 3 pm – 9 pm. Free event.
- Kids Putt Around in the PGA District, Frisco on October 4, 11, 18 & 25. These courses will be free every Wednesday from 3-8 p.m. for children of all ages and skill levels; children can bring their own putter and golf balls or rent equipment from the Starter Shack for $5. No pre-registration is required.
- Aubrey’s Annual Peanut Festival is on October 7 from 8 am – 5 pm at Veterans Memorial Park.
- Frisco Arts Walk and Run is on October 7 from 8.30 am at Hall Park.
- Night Hikes at the Heard Museum on October 7 from 7 pm – 8 pm. Member $12, non members $14.
- Cottonwood Art Festival is on October 7 – 8 at Cottonwood Park, Richardson. Free event.
- Fall Fest at Grandscape Texas is on October 7 from 10 am – 6 pm. Free event.
- Second Saturday Bird Walk at the Heard Museum is on October 14 from 8 am – 9.30 am. Included with general admission.
- Celina Oktoberfest is on October 14 from 11 am.
- Frisco Camp Out is at Frisco Commons from October 14 at 3 pm ***update – sold out***
- 2023 Balloon Glow at Preston Trail Community Church, Frisco on October 14 from 5 pm – 8 pm.
- Halloween at the Heard is at the Heard Museum in McKinney on October 14 from 6 pm. Adults $15, kids $10.
- Plano Food & Wine Festival is on October 21 from 12 pm – 6 pm at Legacy West. Tickets are $45 – $125.
- Apparition Expedition is on October 27 from 5 pm – 10 pm in Downtown Plano. Tickets are $18 with a $2 fee.
- Rest in Plano (R.I.P.) Fest is on October 28 from 5 pm – 10.30 pm in Downtown Plano. Free event.
- 8th Annual Pumpkin Patch Festival at Team Family Farms, Aubrey through November 5. $16 Saturday & Sunday ages 2 & up, $12 Monday – Friday ages 2 & up.
- 2023 Fall Festival at YesterLand Farm, Canton through November 5. Tickets from $24.95.
- Screamin’ Green Hauntoween at the Crayola Experience through October 31. Buy tickets HERE.
- Dallas Farmers Market Pumpkin Patch through October 31.
- 2023 Fall Festival at Mainstay Farm Park through November 4. Tickets from $25.95.
- 2023 Pumpkin Patch Season at Barton Farms, Van Alstyne through October 29. $15 per person.
- Little Farmer Friday at Heritage Farmstead Museum on October 6 from 10 am – 12 pm. $15 per child. $5 per adult.
- Spooky Movie Series at PGA Frisco on October 6, 13, 21 & 28 from 7 pm – 10 pm. Free event.
- Trick or Treat at the Lawn is at Little Elm Park on October 14 from 3 pm – 6 pm.
- Boo Bash at Slayter Creek Park in Anna is on October 21 from 12 pm – 6 pm.
- Community Trunk or Treat at the Cohen Clinic, Addison on October 21 from 4 pm – 6 pm.
- Trunk or Treat Drive In Movie at Bethany Lakes Park in Allen on October 21, 6.30 pm – 9.30 pm. Tickets $30.
- Boo on Ballard is on October 26 from 6 pm – 8 pm in Wylie.
- Boo at the Zoo is at Fort Worth Zoo from October 27 – 29. Included with general admission.
- Boo Bash is at Frisco Family YMCA on October 28 from 10 am – 12 pm.
- Halloween Spooktacular at the Star is on October 28 from 11 am – 2 pm.
- Trick or Treat the Square in Frisco Square is on October 28 from 1 pm – 4 pm.
- Halloween Par-tee is on at PGA Frisco on October 28 from 6 pm – 9 pm. Tickets $10.
- Adriatica Pumpkin Patch is on October 29 from 11 am – 3 pm.
- Trick or Treat at Legacy Hall is on October 30 from 5 pm – 9 pm. Free event.
- Community Trick or Treat at Prairie Creek Baptist Church, Plano on October 31 from 6 pm – 8 pm.
Our friends at Visit Plano are also a great resource for ideas too!
Go on a Scavenger Hunt Adventure around Plano
Thanks to Plano Moms for helping me knock two things off my son’s personal summer bucket list … walking trails and doing a scavenger hunt with Mom!
They have pre-made scavenger hunts for Oak Point Park, Arbor Hills, and Russell Creek.