We love sharing our favorite events for local families who are looking for Plano events nearby. Look no further than our Dallas and Plano Events near me (and you) for the top things to do each month.
Our Calendar of things to do nearby around Plano, Frisco, Dallas, and the DFW area. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do this weekend, we have those too.
Aside from Plano Texas events this month, there are over 20 new and old landmarks and hidden gems around Plano, that you can check out!
Even if these events don’t make it on your calendar this month, why not visit some of our great parks and trails and hike, or take a Scavenger Hunt in Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve or the ever-popular Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, the Heritage Farmstead Museum or some of the great Plano attractions in Downtown Plano Arts District, like the Texas Electric Railway and Interurban Railway Museum in Plano, TX.
For younger kids, we love the Crayola Experience Plano and for older kids on good weather days, we recommend the Go Ape Treetop Adventure!
We update these events happening this month and scour the Internet looking for the best and most fun things to do nearby for families. For more information on any event, please contact the event organizer directly. Plano Moms does not host any of these events, but we do share them when we find them.
Note: Seasonal Event listings are updated about a month before the season.
The Best Plano Events Calendar
Things to do in April
We have lots of ideas for things to do inside and outside around Dallas, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen and surrounding cities in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
For Events Happening Each Weekend, we have a Round Up for you!
Events are subject to change, be sure to check events are as scheduled before heading out. We rely on pricing being provided by event hosts but this information is not always available and we recommend checking directly with the event host.
You can find all of the fun local Easter events here!
New Businesses Opening
- Crumbl Cookies Frisco. 4880 Eldorado Pkwy. Grand Opening March 31 – April 2.
Fun Easter Events
- Easter Bunny Photos at the Shops at Willow Bend through April 8. Photo packages from $39.99.
- 2023 BunnyPalooza at Yesterland Farm through April 9.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Sent Church in Plano on April 1 from 9 am. Food trucks and bounce houses.
- Easter Egg Hound Hunt. Owners will have great fun as dogs enjoy sniffing out doggie-treat filled Easter Eggs at Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. April 1, 9 am – 10 am. $5.
- Breakfast or Brunch with Easter Bunny at Cobbins Family Pumpkin Patch. April 1 & 2. $15 per person.
- Eggcellent Family Adventure at City of Allen City Hall on April 1 from 9 am- 12 pm. Kids can visit tables hosted by local organizations and businesses for eggs, candy and other goodies. Take a picture with the Easter Bunny and hear music from a live DJ.
- Aqua Egg Hunt at Frisco Athletic Center. April 1, 9 am – 11.45 am. Tickets are $15. Be quick, this one sells out every year.
- Adriatica Village Egg-Stravaganza in McKinney on April 1 from 10 am – 12 pm. Bring the kids out for an egg hunt and pictures with the Easter Bunny. Then be sure to visit restaurants and businesses in Adriatic for a fun adult egg hunt. Free.
- Eggtastic Easter at Little Elm Park on April 1 from 10 am – 1 pm. They will have more than 30,000 Easter eggs on the soccer fields of Little Elm Park. Arrive by 9:30 a.m. for the Easter egg hunt to ensure you can partake in the hunt! There will be bounce houses, interactive games, and more! You will also have a chance to take your picture with the Easter bunny!
- Easter Family Fun Day at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano on April 1 from 10 am – 2 pm. Food trucks and photos with the Easter Bunny.
- Spring Fling Easter Festival at the Village of Allen. Children can participate in one of four age specific egg hunts. And don’t forget to meet and take photos with our special guest… The Easter Bunny! April 1, 1 pm – 4 pm. Free!
- Rise Up at Custer Road United Methodist Church Plano on April 1 from 3 pm – 5 pm. An easter event especially for kids! Pictures with the Easter Bunny | Petting Zoo | Trackless Train | Games | Crafts | Preschool Egg Hunt | Elementary Glow Egg Hunt | Popsicles | Face Painting | and More! Additional parking and shuttles will be available from 2221 Legacy Drive.
- Easter Bunny Photos free at Cabela’s in Allen on April 2 from 11 am – 4 pm.
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt at Christ United Methodist Church in Plano on April 2 from 2 pm – 4 pm. This family-oriented event allows families to hunt together around the church and seek out clues to teach the Easter Bunny the truth about Easter!
- Bunny Daze at Grandscape from April 3 – 7. Book a slot for a photo with the Easter Bunny. $10.
- Easter Family Fun Weekend at the Dallas Arboretum. April 7 – 9. Your kids will love to pop bubbles, pet farm animals and listen to stories. Enjoy fan favorites Country Critters petting zoo from 10am-2pm and story time, featuring tales of great contributors displayed in the garden, at 10am and 10:30am.
- Spring Fling Eggstravaganza at Grandscape on April 8 from 10 am – 4 pm. Don’t miss out on the Easter Egg Run and photos with the Easter Bunny!
- Easter EGGstravaganza at First United Methodist Church in Plano on April 8 from 10.30 am – 12.30 pm. All are invited to this community-wide event! 20,000 candy-filled eggs, hunts for all ages, DJ, toddler zone, inflatables and games. There’s also an ongoing hunt for kids with special needs. And don’t forget to take your picture with the Easter Bunny!
- Easter Open Skate at Allen Community Ice Rink on April 8 from 11.45 am – 1.45 pm. New and experienced skaters are welcome to enjoy time on the ice. Join the fun with Easter themed activities including skating with the Easter Bunny! All on-ice participants must wear skates. Earn a FREE skate rental when you donate a non-perishable food item to benefit All Community Outreach. $7 entry, $3 skate rental.
- Aquatic Egg Hunt at Plano Aquatic Center on April 8 from 12 pm – 12.45 pm. Hop on over to Plano Aquatic Center for a one-of-a-kind Easter egg hunt. A special Bunny and Goldie A. Duck will be placing eggs in the water for your child to collect. Participants should be comfortable unassisted in the water. Ages 3-5 and 5-7 will hunt in the shallow areas of the pool, while ages 7-9 and 9-11 will hunt in the deep sections. Following the hunt, participants may stay and swim during the public hours of 1- 6pm (non-participants and parents will need to pay the daily admission fee for public swim). Pre-registration is required for the event.
- Prairie Creek Easter Celebration. Come celebrate together at a combined worship celebration, followed by lunch and a family-friendly scavenger hunt (with lots of candy!). April 9, 11 am – 2 pm at Prairie Creek Baptist Church in Plano.
- St Andrew Egg Hunt. Children are invited to hunt for more than 15,000 treat-filled eggs and visit with the Easter Bunny. The event is free. April 9, 10.15 am- 10.45 am at St Andrew Methodist Church in Plano.
Grab your girlfriends and check out these fun shopping events
- First Monday Trade Days Canton is on Thursday March 30 – April 2.
- Opening Day at McKinney Farmers Market. April 1, 8 am – 12 pm.
- Outdoor Market at Castle Hills Village Plaza. April 1 from 9 am – 1 pm.
- Spring Health & Wellness Vendor Event at First Methodist Carrollton on April 1 from 9 am – 1 pm.
- Spring Shopping Stroll at Highland Park Village on April 1 from 10 am – 6 pm.
- Hop & Shop in Downtown Plano on April 1 from 11 am- 6 pm. Receive an Easter Egg from participating locations with discounts to hop to the next location!
- Market at the Star on April 1 from 11 am – 5 pm. This pop-up event features a curated mix of fashion, jewelry, home décor and other unique lifestyle goods vendors. This open-air market hosts 40+ professionally assembled 10×10 vendor booths. Free.
- BarnHill’s Saturday Sip n Shop in Anna. Free Entry on April 1 from 12 pm – 5 pm.
- Night Market at CityLine DFW in Richardson is on April 14, 6 pm – 10 pm. The CityLine Night Market is a fun event with Live Music and Local Vendors in the heart of the CityLine Complex surrounded by great restaurants and bars!
- Celina’s Friday Night Market is on April 14, 6 pm – 9 pm. These free-to-attend Markets offer a great way to get outside, shop local, eat delicious food, and listen to live music. Over 60 vendors proudly promote their homemade, handmade, and homegrown items.
- Third Thursday Sip & Shop in Downtown Plano is on April 20, 5 pm – 8 pm. Come stroll in Downtown Plano, eat dinner and support local businesses! Sip and Shop at participating locations! Free event.
- Pilot Point Market will be located at the newly-renovated Ice House just off the Historic Pilot Point Square, located at 123 E Main Street, from 8 am – noon on April 29. Last Saturday of each month.
- Live Music at Legacy West. April 1, 6, 8, 15, 22 and 29.
- Underground Music Festival Vol. 8. The area’s best street dancers perform in showcases and dance battles in an immersive experience. This is a free, family-friendly event. April 8, 5 pm – 10 pm at McCall Plaza in Plano.
- Addison After Dark. April 15, 6 pm – 10 pm. Addison Circle Park.
Let’s Celebrate Spring
- Spring Festival – A Victorian Eggstravaganza at Heritage Farmstead in Plano. This spring holiday tradition offers a glimpse into Farm life on the Blackland Prairie as well as an opportunity to celebrate Spring with traditional family-friendly activities. April 1, 9 am – 2 pm. $8 Adults ($10 at the door), $5 Child ($8 at the door), Child including Egg Hunt $7 ($10 at the door if available).
- Easter Egg Hunt & Flower Festival in Pilot Point. First, they will kick off the day at Old City Park, with the annual Easter Egg Hunt! Bring the kiddos for a madcap search of more than 5,000 Easter eggs! There will also be photo ops with the Easter Bunny. Then, head on down to the Pilot Point Square for the Flower Festival. They will have vendors on hand selling flowers and gardening equipment, as well as other vendors ready to make your home spring ready! April 1, 10 am – 2 pm.
- Plano Arts Week 2023. Plano Arts Week is an annual arts awareness initiative that showcases art all around the City of Plano! April 10 – 16.
- Ennis Bluebonnet Trails Festival is April 14 – 16.
- Arts in Bloom. The streets of downtown McKinney come alive with fascinating sights and sounds as artists, performance artists, musicians, Texas wineries, and food vendors. April 15 – 16. Free event.
- Artscape at the Dallas Arboretum. April 29 – 30. $10 – $20.
Other events happening this month
- Wellness Expo at Grapevine Convention Center, April 1 – 2. Admission $7/day or $10/weekend, children under 12 and adults over 65 are free.
- PCBC Kidz Closet at Prairie Creek Baptist Church in Plano. They provide new and gently used clothing for free for school aged kids. Open Wednesday nights or by appointment. Open April 5, 12, 19, 26, May 3 & 10.
- Super Cars Super Wishes. Super Cars Super Wishes is an event to get a look at designer cars and to learn more about the great work Make-A-Wish is doing our community. April 15, 12 pm – 4 pm at Legacy West. $25.
- AT&T Discovery District Arts Festival is on April 15, 11 am – 6 pm. The AT&T Discovery District Arts Festival is the perfect way to experience and celebrate the best of Dallas Arts Month. From art workshops to a vendor market, this festival is sure to satisfy your artistic cravings.
- Dallas Food Fest is on April 15 from 2 pm – 10 pm. Welcome to Dallas’ Premier Food Fest showcasing local restaurants, local eateries, local cafes and local food trucks! $6 admission.
- 2023 MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival is on April 20 – 23. Spanning more than 27 city blocks from the Tarrant County Courthouse to Sundance Square Plaza to the Fort Worth Convention Center, MAIN ST. will feature 200+ juried artists from across the U.S., chart-topping entertainment, authentic Texas cuisine, and arts-and-crafts activities for the whole family.
- 27th Annual Great Taste of Grapevine is on April 20 from 5 pm – 8 pm. All aboard for the 27th Annual Great Taste of Grapevine at the Grapevine Vintage Railroad Depot! Sample bites from area restaurants, experience Grapevine’s wineries, and enjoy live music on the platform! $30 – $50.
- Wine Walk at Grandscape. Sip, shop, and stroll your way around Grandscape on Thursday, April 20 from 6 pm -9 pm at the Grandscape Wine Walk! This event is 21 & up. Photo ID required at check-in. Tickets for your wine tasting journey are $25+tax and include:-10+ Fine Wine Samples, -A souvenir wine glass, -Access to a vendor market with over 20+ participating, -Live music along walk route.
- Community Garage Sale at Joe Farmer Recreation Center, Allen on April 22 from 7 am – 12 pm. Browsing is free.
- Lewisville ColorPalooza is designed to showcase the rich cultural, artistic and eco-friendly spirit of Lewisville. Attendees are invited to experience a day of creativity, education, art activities and displays in Old Town Lewisville. April 22, 10 am – 5 pm.
- Back To The 80s in McCall Plaza, Plano. Participants will receive a souvenir sampling cup and a map with locations serving up those fabulous flavors of the 1980s that include the beverages that changed the tastescape from beers and wines to cocktails and everything in between. $30.
- “Strike Out Pediatric Leukemia” Charity Baseball Game. 2 teams of local high school baseball players compete on the Frisco Roughriders field to raise money for Leukemia Texas patients. April 23, 4 pm – 8.45 pm at Frisco Rough Riders Stadium. $25.
- Texas Women’s Foundation Leadership Forum & Awards Celebration. April 27, 11.30 am – 8 pm at Omni Dallas Hotel.
- 8th Annual Interfaith Auxiliary Luncheon. This year’s springtime fundraiser, will provide support for families seeking to make fresh starts and create lifelong independence. April 28, 11.15 am – 12.30 pm at the Dallas Arboretum.
- Frisco Uncorked Presented By H-E-B is on April 29 from 12 pm – 6 pm. The 4th Annual event will feature 25 award-winning wineries, delicious local restaurants, Four Corners Brewing Co Beer Garden, shopping with a large variety of fantastic boutiques and artisans, grape stomping competitions, culinary demonstrations lead by local chefs, fun activations and much more! Tickets $40 – $80.
Our friends at Visit Plano are also a great resource for ideas too!
Go on a Scavenger Hunt Adventure around Plano
Thanks to Plano Moms for helping me knock two things off my son’s personal summer bucket list … walking trails and doing a scavenger hunt with Mom!
They have pre-made scavenger hunts for Oak Point Park, Arbor Hills, and Russell Creek.