Top Date Night Ideas
Date nights matter, and it is more vital for your relationship than you think. We all have busy schedules but spending time together is so important.
We have tons of fun date ideas nearby, great for anniversaries or just a simple fun date with your loved one.
So, here are 100 fun date night ideas for you and your partner to try around Plano, Dallas and surrounding cities.
Some are great for cheap date or romantic date ideas but you’ll find something for sure that you will both enjoy. You will never need to have the same night twice again unless of course you want to.
Is it date night? If you’re lucky enough to have a sitter for the night, here are so fun ideas for a date night in Plano! Grab your Hubby, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Wife, fiance or the love of your life and have a fun night out on the town – whether it’s further North in Collin County or if you are heading to Downtown Dallas, enjoying a Food Truck around the area.
For the Romantics
Romantic/ Candlelight Dinner
If you happen to have someone to babysit the kids, then find a restaurant that offers candlelight or a romantic dim light dinner and enjoy uninterrupted time with your love one (ditch the cellphone, please). However, you actually don’t need to go out to do this. You can always have one at home, too.
Listed below are few of the most romantic restaurants around DFW.
1. The Mansion Restaurant at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
One of the most romantic restaurants in Dallas, The Mansion restaurant which is tucked inside the iconic Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel has remained to captivate guests for more than 35 years.
2. Fearing’s Try Chef Dean Fearing’s splashy Southwestern destination with a celebrated bar in the luxe Ritz-Carlton. It won’t disappoint your eyes and taste buds.
3. Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck If good food with a good view is your thing then there is your perfect spot. Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck is a revolving restaurant situated atop Reunion Tower. This is a destination in itself and the modern Asian menu makes people keep coming back again and again.
4. Bullion French cuisine from a highly acclaimed chef, Bruno Davaillo will surely create an unforgettable dining experience with your love ones. This should be a date night must-try restaurant.
5. The French Room According to Food & Wine magazine, this is Texas’ most romantic restaurant. It is a fine dining spot which is located inside Dallas’ Adolphus Hotel. A favorite of Dallasites, it has recently been renovated and it will not disappoint you too. Go early, hungry and enjoy some peace and unique experience with your partner
6.The Capital Grille Expect an evening or afternoon of a relaxed ambiance and exceptional cuisine. This is a fine-dining restaurant and steakhouse known for its dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, and award-winning wine list.
7.Take a Gondola Ride No time to go to Venice? Well… check out Gondola Adventure in Las Colinas and cruise on Lake Carolyn and through the Mandalay canals. Gondoliers sing or play romantic music while you have the most relaxing and romantic time with your lovey.
8. The Dallas Opera House Make it an extra ordinary and unforgettable night, head out to the Dallas Opera House and watch one their most mesmerizing opera shows.
9. Couple’s Massage at The Four Seasons What a better way could there be to spend some R&R time together than getting couple’s massage? Most spas offer this service and usually it is performed in the same room for both of you and you can enjoy some deep relaxation time together.
10. Couples Massage Class YES, you both get to learn how to massage each other! How brilliant is that?! We all know how expensive professional massages are these days so this idea has a significant long term benefits both for your relationship and your pocket. The company called Massage Integration, which is based in Dallas, will have someone come to your house to teach you and your significant other some techniques, discuss how the magic of touch can be soothing, and understand and experiment with relaxing lotions and oils. Check them out
11. Learn to Dance Dancing is one way that brings two people closer to each other. There has never been a better time to learn how to dance but now! Check out Arthur Murray Dance Center for dance classes.
For the Adventurous
11. iFly Indoor Skydiving Maybe you have been wanting to go skydiving but maybe a bit scared too. So, iFly may fit the time, the bill and your nerves. It is an indoor skydiving experience that will help give you and your partner wings in a safer, more reliable environment. It is going to be an epic experience!
12. Go APE Totally, you are transforming into an ape. HA! Imagine, you and your partner turning into apes. If you start laughing then this is most likely your thing. This is definitely not your ordinary date, this will probably make you sore the next day. But who cares, it is going to be a blast!
13. Red Door Escape Room Craving for some suspense or mystery without traveling out of the suburbs? Embrace yourself with this newest and most creative way to get your heart pumping at Red Door Escape the Room.
14.Race Day Have you and your sweetheart been wanting to drive a race car? or Maybe just wanted to change a few of your ordinary days into a heart pumping and unforgettable journey. If the answer is yes, then plan ahead and get ready to take for speed.
15.Go Karting Experience the rush with your partner and enjoy a friendly race at Kartland Performance Indoor Raceway.
16.Zero Gravity For thrill seekers couples out there, check this place out and have the most fun at the park. From bungee jumping to skyscraper, nothing ever could stop you from screaming your lungs out.
17.White Rock Lake There are several water activities at White Rock Lake; you can rent kayaks or paddle boards and wait for the sunset. It can be a very romantic adventure. It is one place that gets a beautiful sunset in the area.
18.Fly and Dine Try something new and soar over Dallas skies. Delta Charlie Restaurant and Grill will take you to this unique experience with your sweetheart. They offer dinner & flight package which includes a 3-course dinner for two PLUS a sightseeing tour over Dallas.
19. Trinity Forest Adventure Park Yes, a walk at the park is fun but you want more adventure then head out to a on 7 acres Trinity Forest Adventure Park. It has aerial obstacle courses which includes zip lines and it is designed for all fitness levels.
For the Wine Lovers
20.Sip and Savor They have an excellent wine selection, and great food served in an 1893 Victorian home. You are guaranteed to have a great time sipping a glass of wine with your partner at Sip and Savor.
21.Sixty Vines Over 30 wines on tab plus beers, YES… I am in! Sixty Vines is a great place to unwind with wine and great food with your lover. What a fabulous location as well.
22.CRU Food and Bar Your premier destination for fine wine and delicious food. Shops at Legacy location offers Sunday Brunch, Happy Hour from Monday to Friday- 3 pm to 6.30pm, Pizza Monday (buy a bottle of wine, and you get free pizza) & Champagne Thursday, 50% off all champagnes by the bottle from 4 pm to close.
23.Total Wine and More Did you know that the stores host wine tastings, classes, and special events? Check them out, and this may be your next date night destination.
24.Lone Star Wine Cellars This such a cozy and quaint place to hang out with your partner. They are located in the historical downtown McKinney, inside a former theater with a tasting room, retail and they have live music every Thursday to Sunday with performances of some of the exceptional local artists.
25.Eight11 Place This restaurant is a local gem in historic downtown Frisco which is the perfect place to chill and enjoy a superb wine, eat good food and cozy up to live music on their patio (check out the schedule online).
26. Mercy Wine Bar This restaurant has great ambiance, fantastic wine list, and excellent food selection. They have live entertainment from Wednesday through Sunday featuring great local artists so, check out our event calendar for more information.
27. Uncork’d Wine Bar As their website says, they are the place for a date night. “Don’t settle for a run-of-the-mill restaurant that can only offer you subpar meals and drinks. Your taste buds deserve better! Enjoy a night at Uncork’d Bar & Grill and prepare to be amazed by our meals and drinks.”
28. Barn Hill Vineyards Experience country life with our Texas vineyard, horses, donkeys, split-rail fence and rustic barn at your fairy-tale wedding or perhaps one of our popular live music events.
For the Creatives or the “Wannabes”
I am sure we all agree that sometimes a date night can be just as dull as watching a bad movie at home with your partner, right? We do all want something different, like dollar movie Plano, Jaspers Plano, or something that we can express our emotions into something beautiful, like into an art piece. So, here are few ideas that may help make your date night fun and unforgettable one.
29. The Art of Wine Sip and Paint. Canvas and Wine Glass Painting. This place is not your ordinary wine bar; this is where you get creative with your loved ones. They also host freestyle and instructor-led canvas and wine glass painting sessions, and if you go during happy hour 5PM-7PM, you get to enjoy to enjoy $2 off glasses of wine. Unwind and enjoy some artistic expression!
30.Texas Wine and Wood An enjoyable place to release that creativity inside you. You can create your own rustic & shabby chic wood decor from scratch.
31.Sip N Doodle You have probably gone with some friends here. But, why not make it a date night with your partner? Sip wine or whatever drink you want and Paint. How cool is that?!? They have over 800 designs to pick from, or you can bring your own. And, you don’t need any experience because an artist will guide you from start to finish.
32. Plant Nite Love plants? Oh… this is a perfect date night for you and your partner. Plant Nite has the same concept as “sip and paint,” and instead of a creating your painting, you will create your terrarium. A gardener walks you step-by-step in building a table-top terrarium while you enjoy chatting and drinking your most favorite wine or drink at local bars and restaurants. So, you need to check schedule where they are going to be and reserve your spot.
33.Pipe and Palette For couples who crave to create something artistic; you have to check their schedule of events. They have fresh and fun classes like paint and coffee, flow painting, Paris canal painting, etc.
34.Pottery Class at Jump Into Art What a cool concept for people who have been wanting to try making some pottery pieces. And, they are located at the estate of the historic Davis-Hill House, what a perfect place to create and play!
For the Music Enthusiast
We all know that Austin is the music capital of Texas, but Dallas offers so many beautiful locations that we can enjoy watching local and international bands. These are some of the go-to places for all music lovers.
35. Dallas Symphony Orchestra Dress up and have a relaxing night at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, a world-class orchestra performing in one of the world’s finest concert halls located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. It will be a night to remember.
36. Off the Record Craft Beer & Vinyl Something different and cool, Off the Record is a funky bar & record store, offering craft beers & a selection of vinyl records for sale.
37. Watch a Concert at American Airlines Center The place to be if you wanted to watch a great show, AA Center is not just for sports, but it is also a venue for big name celebrity concerts. It is one of the busiest arenas in the world, so check out who’s coming to the city and grab your tickets for a memorable evening with your loved ones.
38. Sons of Herman Hall Step inside and find a neighborhood bar, upstairs ballroom, and former bowling alley. Catch the latest musical acts, join a weekly campfire jam, even learn to swing dance, all at this historic Deep Ellum venue.
39. Listen to Jazz at Twilight Lounge Did you want a chill night and a cozy place to hang out with your lovey? Head down to Twilight Lounge, a perfect location to chill and listen to some jazz music. Simple, classy and romantic.
40. Live Music at Lava Cantina The Colony’s newest music venue host some of the local artists to some famous international acts. Have dinner and watch a live show at Lava Cantina!
41. Texas Live! YES, everything is BIG in Texas, and this one is no exception. This a massive complex which is new to Arlington’s thriving entertainment district. Great entertainment and tons of restaurants and bars around. Check out events and enjoy a night out.
42. Love and War in Texas Great Food and Live Music! The concept was created to promote Texas, so expect Texas food, Texas beers and Texas wines. Heritage. The live music on Wednesday to Saturday is a good mix of some rock, country, and blues.
43. Legacy Hall A popular premium food hall, craft brewery and beer garden, and live entertainment destination; Legacy Hall is a new hang out location for locals, and this will be an excellent place for a date night.
44. Grenada Theater A great place for live music. Check out their calendar of events.
45. House of Blues Good food and good music, can’t go wrong at House of Blues. Check out their concerts and events.
For the Arts Lovers
There is something about arts that ignite the soul and makes you fall in love. And for every city you go, there is something to do for arts-lovers for sure. And, here are few date night ideas for the art lovers.
46. Late Night at the Dallas Museum of Arts Every third Friday of each month, the DMA stays open late, until 11:00 p.m., they offer various events for visitors of all ages with performances, concerts, readings, film screenings, tours, talks, family programs, and more!
47. Nasher Sculpture Center Home to one of the finest collections of modern and contemporary sculptures in the world, a date night at the Nasher Sculpture Museum is one place you can’t miss out on. Enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor galleries to discover the works by the greatest artists of our times, including those by Matisse, Picasso, and Giacometti. They are open until midnight every third Friday of the month.
48. Perot Museum Have you been to Perot Museum? Most likely yes, but have you heard of the social science nights? Well… it is about time to check it out. Social Science nights transforms the Perot Museum into an adults-only hangout place. You will experience complete innovative experiments, dynamic performances, engaging discussions, astonishing inventions, and pleasant interactions; all created for adults in mind.
49. Dallas Design District Art Galleries Yes, the Dallas Design District has gone so much interesting in the past years, and it is indeed the perfect place of creative, inspiring, extraordinary and innovative art. There are over 30 galleries around Dallas Design District, and you can choose 1 or a few for gallery-hopping in the Design District with your partner.
50. Deep Ellum Galleries Check out some of the cool exhibits at some galleries at Deep Ellum and then a drink at a nearby bar after. Here are a few galleries that you can check out:
Movies – Always a Great Idea
Everyone loves a good movie, right? These movie theaters below will get your date night fix for sure.
51. Studio Movie Grill They have several locations that you can check out around. They serve food and drinks at your seats which makes it a favorite movie theater to many. The Studio movie theater Dallas TX is a must!
52. Angelika Film Center If you are into indie & smart mainstream movies, this is your movie theater. There is one located at Shops at Legacy where you can have dinner at nearby restaurants and then watch a movie after.
53. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Don’t you hate people using their electronics inside the theater? If yes, then this is your place. They are famous for its strict policy of requiring its audiences to maintain proper cinema-going etiquette.
54. iPic Theaters This is an upscale cinema chain with plush seating, gourmet light bites & cocktails, plus in-theater service. Such a cozy and relaxing place to watch a movie.
55. Moviehouse & Eatery For those looking to catch dinner and a movie, Moviehouse & Eatery features ten dine-in theaters, complete with plush recliners and a dedicated waitstaff. A full-service bar in the lobby gives everyone a place to gather before enjoying dinner and a show, and serves up nightcaps to end the evening.
56. Coyote Drive-In Enjoy an old fashioned night at the movies with food, drinks and the stars!
For the Sports Fanatics
57. Watch the Mavs and Texas Stars at American Airlines Center.
58. Nothing will make your sports lover partner than getting him/ her a ticket to watch the Cowboys play at AT&T Stadium.
59. Go to Dr. Pepper Ballpark to watch baseball; it is home ballpark of the Frisco RoughRiders Minor League Baseball club, and it has consistently been ranked as one of the top venues in minor league baseball in the US.
60. Toyota Stadium – FC Dallas Have fun watching some soccer leagues at one of their luxury suites or club seating.
61. Check out the brand new ballpark at Globe Life Field in Arlington, home to the Texas Rangers.
62. Explore The Star in Frisco at Ford Center. The Dallas Cowboys World Corporate Headquarters at The Star in Frisco is a destination created to allow fans to connect with the team in ways they have never imagined. The VIP Guided Tours will give Cowboys fans a chance to experience the place where the Dallas Cowboys train and work 355 days of the year.
For the Fitness Buffs
Make date night fun and healthy! It’s easy and fun to get in a great couple workout while also spending time with the one you love!
63. The Katy Trail You can bike, walk, run, or even roller blade on the 3.5-mile trail and after you finish your workout, get food and drink Katy Trail Ice House.
64. Play Golf You don’t need to be competitive to enjoy the game. It is a great way to get some exercise at the same time talk.
65. Top Golf If you are not interested of really going for a round of golf but still wants to it some golf balls, then Top Golf is for you. It is a fun place, so get some drinks and food, and have fun!
66. Try Acro Yoga at The Yoga Movement As people say, Acro yoga is a healthy alternative to couples therapy. It helps develop your communication skills, strength, and stability with yourself and your partner. The Yoga Movement offers a class that is perfect for beginners who are looking to try the fun, unique workout. You can try this out and have fun!
67. Rock Climbing at the Summit Climbing, Yoga and Fitness Climbing 101 class is an excellent way for beginners, the course starts with the climbing basics and gradually moves onto more advanced techniques. Try it out and who know you will love the sports and keep having date nights cliff-hanging.
68. Ice Skating I guess you don’t need to be good at it, but a little sweat and some laugh is a great way to spend time together. Galleria indoor ice skating center is open all year round.
69. Kickboxing A fun way to break a sweat together and release some frustrations, Title Boxing Club may be able to help you and your partner.
For the Geeks & the Nerds
70. Holy Grail Pub hosts a trivia night every Wednesday night at 9:00 p.m, it is FREE, and each player has a chance to win some $$ toward your next bar tab.
71. The Ginger Man Check them out in two, and they will start their weekly trivia night again.
72. Join Geeks Who Drink For more details, check it here and who knows, this may be your weekly or monthly date:)
73. Game Night at Dallas Game Marathon A great place to play games, it has a growing games library of over 1,600+ board games that you can check out and play at their monthly marathons and weekly game nights. And, you are welcome to bring your own game.
74. Chess at Klyde Warren Park Playing chess can be romantic if you play it at a park. The Reading & Games Courtyard at Klyde Warren Park is the perfect place to challenge your partner for a game of chess.
75. Free Play Arcade Looking for something where you can eat and have drinks and play 80s video games? Here you go, this is the place for you.
For People who love Dinner Shows
76. Medieval Times Dinner Theater Make it a KNIGHT of travel back in Medieval times.
77. Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar Ooooh… this is such a fun place, and for sure you and your partner will have a fantastic time. Enjoy some food, some drinks and sing along as two pianists battle it out.
Who doesn’t want to laugh out loud? We all do! SO, take your partner to a comedy club is the perfect place to go. Have some food, sip on a cocktail, watch the performances and laugh out loud with your loved one by your side.
78. Improv Today, the Improv stage continues to be the most important live venue for new comedians. Come and join the IMPROV legacy.
79. Hyena’s Comedy Nightclub Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, trying to impress a date, or just looking to escape the daily grind with some laughs and beers, you’ve come to the right spot.
80. Dallas Comedy House Dallas Comedy House is the premier training center and performance venue for comedy in Dallas! We have affordable, quality shows five nights a week.
81. Wine and Magic at Checkered Past Winery Watch award-winning magician Trigg Watson for a night of Wine and Magic at Checkered Past Winery. Have some of their signature wines, pizza, charcuterie board, desserts, and more during this delightful show.
82. The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show Dallas An exciting evening awaits you and your partner as you embark into this dinner show with suspense and paranoia. Have fun solving the mystery! “The culprit is hiding among you, and it’s your job to figure out whodunit!”
83. The City Night KTV Bar and Cafe Sing the night away with your partner or watch some else sing. City Night KTV is more than just a karaoke place; it’s an entertainment center. They have a karaoke place, a hot pot restaurant, and a spa and massage center.
For the Dancers
There is no better way to have a fun night with your partner than to go to a bar or a club and dance the night away. It is about time to get those dancing shoes and have a fabulous time!
84. Blue Martini Martinis and champagne accompanied with live music or DJs, Blue Martini is a great place to be.
85. Sambuca 360 Dine, drink and dance at Sambuca 360, located in the trendy Shops at Legacy in Plano. Our rockin’ American grill will not only tempt you with utterly delicious food, it also serves up a variety of live music every night. Any evening is great for dining, drinking, and enjoying the show, but on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, high-energy bands, dynamic light shows and gigantic video screens create incredible dance parties.
86. Guitars and Cadillacs Are you in the mood for some country music? Guitars and Cadillacs is Dallas’ #1 Country Western Nightclub in the area. Check it out.
87. Gloria’s Latin Cuisine It is party time at Gloria’s on the weekends. When dinner ends, the party begins!
All other Exciting Date Ideas
88. Dallas Chocolate Tour Yes, it is a fun tour to chocolate shops, chocolate makers and artisan chocolatiers. However, it is also about BBQ, taco & margarita tours, winery tours, a taste of the Bishop Arts District historical food tours and others. This should be exciting!
89. Walk with a Llama Yes, a walk in a park is relaxing and a great way to spend quiet time with your partner. But to make it more exciting, try a walk with a llama offered by Shangrillama. Have some fresh air in a scenic trail as you walk with fascinating and personality-packed llamas.
90. The Void, Cinemark’s new virtual reality experience is available at Legacy location. Right now they have Ralph Breaks VR and Star Wars Secret of the Empire.
91. Reunion Tower A place to be if you wanted to check out Dallas skyline views! Go up to see the sunset… it is beautiful up there!
92. Grapevine Wine Tours This is a great way to visit several wineries nearby, try some of the varieties and have some food, too.
Perfect for couples who love to cook or at least want to learn how to cook.
93. Taste Buds Kitchen Taste Buds Kitchen is a custom-designed Kitchen Event Studio. We are a Kids Kitchen by day and BYOB Adult Kitchen by night.
94. Tre Cooking Concepts Do you want to learn from the best? Check out celebrity Chef Tre Wilcox cooking classes. This is a hands on cooking class where you get to participate in making everything on a 3-course menu, working in three small groups. Chef Tre will lead the class with the assistance of a qualified chef. The best part, you may bring your own wine for the meal as well.
95. My French Recipe French cooking class, why not? Check out their monthly couples cooking classes.
For the Foodies
Must try restaurants for the foodies. It should be a great food experience!
96. Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House After opening our doors in 1993, Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House was named one of the country’s top new restaurants by Bon Appetit magazine and is currently ranked as one of the Best Steak Houses in America.
97. Gemma D Magazine review by Eve Hill-Agnus: “The cooking at Gemma is sharp and focused; the execution splendid. I was impressed. It’s nice to know there are places that quietly continue to confound the derivative and do something subtle and creative. We have a gem in Gemma.”
98. Bulla Gastrobar Perfect place for Spanish tapas and cocktails. Go to Spain without leaving Plano!
99. Edoko Sushi and Robata Excite your palate with a great selection from robata bar, sushi bar, and kitchen. Plus.you can enjoy premium sake, Japanese beer, and handcrafted cocktails.
100. Tulum The restaurant ambiance reflects a similar laid-back environment as Tulum. The menu is rustic and elegant with natural offerings.
Are you wanting to plan a date night? Here are some great ideas for drop-in daycares around town and some places that offer parent’s night out!
Moms, tell us your favorite place for a Date Night!
Are you a Plano Mom? If you live, work or play in or around Plano, sign up for our newsletter to get weekly news, events and offers to your inbox. Join the Plano Moms community on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – connect with us and each other!