We scoured the area for 100 fun date night ideas for you to try around Plano, Dallas, and surrounding cities.
We have tons of fun date ideas nearby, great for Valentine’s, anniversaries, date night ideas, or just a simple fun date idea with your loved one.
Looking for fun Date Ideas and exciting Date Night ideas near me?
Looking for a romantic couples evening, maybe to celebrate Valentine’s?
Whether you are a couple looking for exciting things to do or are just visiting and need a date night in Dallas, here is a list of fun date ideas in Plano, TX, and around Dallas Fort Worth.
Some are great for cheap date or romantic date ideas, maybe for Valentine’s Day in Plano but you’ll find something for sure that you will both enjoy, even when it’s too cold or raining outside.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you’re lucky enough to have a sitter for the night, here are so fun date ideas for a date night in Plano!
Grab your hubby, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, fiance or the love of your life and have a fun night out on the town – whether it’s further North in Collin County in our historic Downtown Plano, or if you are heading to Downtown Dallas, enjoying a Food Truck around the area.
You may want a fun patio to hang out at and combine with a place that offers Happy Hour deals!
If you are staying home, we have 20 great ideas for Date Nights at home!
Are you looking for creative ideas to impress a date? Or trying to rekindle the romance in your relationship? This curated collection of date night boxes from Cratejoy is full of excellent ideas and products for fun date nights.
Night In Boxes: Date Night In & Kids Night In
Date Nights for the Romantics
Romantic and Candlelight Dinners
If you happen to have someone to babysit the kids, then find a restaurant that offers candlelight or a romantic dim light dinner and enjoy uninterrupted time with your loved one (ditch the cellphone, please).
Listed below are few of the most romantic restaurants for Date Nights in Dallas and DFW.
1. The Mansion Restaurant at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
One of the most romantic restaurants for a Date night in Dallas, The Mansion restaurant which is tucked inside the iconic Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel has remained to captivate guests for more than 35 years.
2. Fearing’s Try Chef Dean Fearing’s splashy Southwestern destination with a celebrated bar in the luxe Ritz-Carlton. It won’t disappoint your eyes and taste buds.
3. Fleming’s – a huge favorite and a great romantic vibe. Perfect for a date night in Plano.
4. Bullion French cuisine from a highly acclaimed chef, Bruno Davaillo will surely create an unforgettable dining experience with your loved ones. This should be a date night must-try restaurant.
5. The French Room According to Food & Wine magazine, this is Texas’ most romantic restaurant. It is a fine-dining spot which is located inside Dallas’ Adolphus Hotel. A favorite of Dallasites, it has recently been renovated and it will not disappoint you too. Go early, hungry, and enjoy some peace and unique experience with your partner
6.The Capital Grille Expect an evening or afternoon of a relaxed ambiance and exceptional cuisine. This is a fine-dining restaurant and steakhouse known for its dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, and award-winning wine list.
7.Take a Gondola Ride No time to go to Venice? Well… check out Gondola Adventure in Las Colinas and cruise on Lake Carolyn and through the Mandalay canals. Gondoliers sing or play romantic music while you have the most relaxing and romantic time with your lovey.
8. The Dallas Opera House Make it an extraordinary and unforgettable night, head out to the Dallas Opera House and watch one of their most mesmerizing opera shows.
9. Couple’s Massage at The Four Seasons What better way could there be to spend some R&R time together than getting a couple’s massage?
Most spas offer this service and usually, it is performed in the same room for both of you and you can enjoy some deep relaxation time together.
10. Couples Massage Class YES, you both get to learn how to massage each other! How brilliant is that?! We all know how expensive professional massages are these days so this idea has significant long-term benefits both for your relationship and your pocket.
The company called Massage Integration, which is based in Dallas, will have someone come to your house to teach you and your significant other some techniques, discuss how the magic of touch can be soothing, and understand and experiment with relaxing lotions and oils. Check them out
11. Learn to Dance Such a unique date night idea in Dallas! Dancing is one way that brings two people closer to each other. There has never been a better time to learn how to dance than now! Check out Arthur Murray Dance Center for dance classes.
Date Nights in Dallas (or days) for the Adventurous
12. iFly Indoor Skydiving Maybe you have been wanting to go skydiving but may be a bit scared too. So, iFly may fit the time, the bill and your nerves – one of our favorite date night ideas in Dallas.
It is an indoor skydiving experience that will help give you and your partner wings in a safer, more reliable environment. It is going to be an epic experience!
13. Go APE Totally, you are transforming into an ape. HA! Imagine, you and your partner turning into apes. If you start laughing then this is most likely your thing.
This is definitely not your ordinary date, this will probably make you sore the next day as you enjoy this ropes and adventures course in the canopy of trees at Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. But who cares, it is going to be a blast!
14. Red Door Escape Room Craving for some suspense or mystery without traveling out of the suburbs? Embrace yourself with this newest and most creative way to get your heart pumping at Red Door Escape the Room.
15. Head to EXTREME sandbox in Sachse – they will let you destroy anything you want basically on the back of a Bobcat, bulldozer, or other large equipment. Get your rage out together!
16.Go Karting Experience the rush with your partner and enjoy a friendly race at Kartland Performance Indoor Raceway.
17.Zero Gravity For thrill-seekers couples out there, check this place out and have the most fun at the park. From bungee jumping to skyscrapers, nothing ever could stop you from screaming your lungs out.
18.White Rock Lake There are several water activities at White Rock Lake; you can rent kayaks or paddle boards and wait for the sunset. It can be a very romantic adventure. It is one place that gets a beautiful sunset in the area.
19.Fly and Dine Try something new and soar over Dallas skies. Delta Charlie Restaurant and Grill will take you to this unique experience with your sweetheart.
They offer dinner & flight package which includes a 3-course dinner for two PLUS a sightseeing tour over Dallas.
20. Trinity Forest Adventure Park Yes, a walk at the park is fun but if you want more adventure then head out to 7 acres of Trinity Forest Adventure Park. It has aerial obstacle courses which include zip lines and it is designed for all fitness levels.
Date Nights for the Wine Lovers
21. Seasons 52 – A classy place at the Shops at Legacy with great decor and a stylish vibe and a Wine Menu and Cellar to keep you fueled the whole night long.
22.Sixty Vines Over 30 wines on tab plus beers, YES… I am in! Sixty Vines is a great place to unwind with wine and great food with your lover. It’s a fabulous location as well in West Plano.
23.CRU Food and Bar Your premier destination for fine wine and delicious food. The Shops at Legacy location offers Sunday Brunch, Happy Hour from Monday to Friday- 3 pm to 6.30 pm, Pizza Monday (buy a bottle of wine, and you get free pizza) & Champagne Thursday, 50% off all champagnes by the bottle from 4 pm to close.
24.Total Wine and More Did you know that the stores host wine tastings, classes, and special events? Check them out, and this may be your next date night destination.
25.Lone Star Wine Cellars This is such a cozy and quaint place to hang out with your partner. They are located in the historic downtown McKinney, inside a former theater with a tasting room, and retail and they have live music every Thursday to Sunday with performances of some of the exceptional local artists.
26. Mercy Wine Bar This restaurant has a great ambiance, a fantastic wine list, and an excellent food selection. They have live entertainment from Wednesday through Sunday featuring great local artists so, check out our event calendar for more information.
27. Uncork’d Wine Bar As their website says, they are the place for a date night near me. “Don’t settle for a run-of-the-mill restaurant that can only offer you subpar meals and drinks.
Your taste buds deserve better! Enjoy a night at Uncork’d Bar & Grill and prepare to be amazed by our meals and drinks.”
28. Barn Hill Vineyards Experience country life with our Texas vineyard, horses, donkeys, split-rail fence, and rustic barn at your fairy-tale wedding or perhaps one of our popular live music events.
Date Night Ideas in Dallas For the Creatives or the “Wannabes”
I am sure we all agree that sometimes a date night can be just as dull as watching a bad movie at home with your partner, right?
So, here are a few Date Night ideas that may help make your date night fun and unforgettable.
29. The Art of Wine Sip and Paint. Canvas and Wine Glass Painting. This place is not your ordinary wine bar; this is where you get creative with your loved ones.
They also host freestyle and instructor-led canvas and wine glass painting sessions, and if you go during happy hour 5PM-7PM, you get to enjoy $2 off glasses of wine. Unwind and enjoy some artistic expression!
30.Texas Wine and Wood An enjoyable place to release that creativity inside you. You can create your own rustic & shabby chic wood decor from scratch.
31.Sip N Doodle You have probably gone with some friends here. But, why not make it a date night with your partner? Sip wine or whatever drink you want and Paint.
How cool is that?!? They have over 800 designs to pick from, or you can bring your own. And, you don’t need any experience because an artist will guide you from start to finish.
32. Plant Nite Love plants? Oh… this is a perfect date night for you and your partner. Plant Nite has the same concept as “sip and paint,” and instead of creating your painting, you will create your terrarium.
A gardener walks you step-by-step in building a table-top terrarium while you enjoy chatting and drinking your favorite wine or drink at local bars and restaurants. So, you need to check the schedule where they are going to be and reserve your spot.
33.Pipe and Palette For couples who crave to create something artistic; you have to check their schedule of events. They have fresh and fun classes like paint and coffee, flow painting, Paris canal painting, etc.
34.Pottery Class at Jump Into Art What a cool concept for people who have been wanting to try making some pottery pieces. And, they are located at the estate of the historic Davis-Hill House, what a perfect place to create and play!
Date Nights For the Music Enthusiast
We all know that Austin is the music capital of Texas, but Dallas offers so many beautiful locations that we can enjoy watching local and international bands. These are some of the go-to places for all music lovers.
35. Dallas Symphony Orchestra Dress up and have a relaxing night at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, a world-class orchestra performing in one of the world’s finest concert halls located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. It will be a night to remember.
36. Off the Record Craft Beer & Vinyl Something different and cool, Off the Record is a funky bar & record store, offering craft beers & a selection of vinyl records for sale.
37. Watch a Concert at American Airlines Center The place to be if you wanted to watch a great show, AA Center is not just for sports, but it is also a venue for big-name celebrity concerts. It is one of the busiest arenas in the world, so check out who’s coming to the city and grab your tickets for a memorable evening with your loved ones.
38. Sons of Herman Hall Step inside and find a neighborhood bar, upstairs ballroom, and former bowling alley. Catch the latest musical acts, join a weekly campfire jam, even learn to swing dance, all at this historic Deep Ellum venue.
39. Listen to Jazz at Twilight Lounge Did you want a chill night and a cozy place to hang out with your lovey? Head down to Twilight Lounge, a perfect location to chill and listen to some jazz music. Simple, classy and romantic.
40. Live Music at Lava Cantina The Colony’s newest music venue host some of the local artists to some famous international acts. Have dinner and watch a live show at Lava Cantina!
41. Texas Live! YES, everything is BIG in Texas, and this one is no exception. This is a massive complex that is new to Arlington’s thriving entertainment district.
Great entertainment and tons of restaurants and bars around. Check out events and enjoy a night out.
42. Love and War in Texas Great Food and Live Music! The concept was created to promote Texas, so expect Texas food, Texas beers, and Texas wines. Heritage. The live music from Wednesday to Saturday is a good mix of rock, country, and blues.
43. Legacy Food Hall A popular premium food hall, craft brewery, and beer garden, and live entertainment destination – perfect for a Plano date night idea; Legacy Hall is a new hang-out location for locals in Legacy West, with 21 different food booths under one roof, and this will be an excellent place for a date night.
More: Legacy West offers some great date night restaurants and bars to enjoy, which you can combine with the Happy Hour Hike
44. Grenada Theater A great place for live music. Check out their calendar of events.
45. House of Blues Good food and good music, can’t go wrong at House of Blues. Check out their concerts and events.
Date nights for the Arts Lovers
There is something about arts that ignite the soul and makes you fall in love. And for every city you go to, there is something to do for arts-lovers!
And, here are a few date night ideas for art lovers who might love Museums too.
46. Late Night at the Dallas Museum of Arts Every third Friday of each month, the DMA stays open late, until 11:00 p.m., they offer various events for visitors of all ages with performances, concerts, readings, film screenings, tours, talks, family programs, and more!
47. Nasher Sculpture Center Home to one of the finest collections of modern and contemporary sculptures in the world, a date night at the Nasher Sculpture Museum is one place you can’t miss out on. Enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor galleries to discover the works by the greatest artists of our times, including those by Matisse, Picasso, and Giacometti. They are open until midnight every third Friday of the month.
48. Perot Museum Have you been to Perot Museum? Most likely yes, but have you heard of the social science nights? Well… it is about time to check it out. Social Science nights transform the Perot Museum into an adults-only hangout place.
You will experience complete innovative experiments, dynamic performances, engaging discussions, astonishing inventions, and pleasant interactions; all created with adults in mind.
49. Dallas Design District Art Galleries Yes, the Dallas Design District has gone so much interesting in the past years, and it is indeed the perfect place for creative, inspiring, extraordinary, and innovative art.
There are over 30 galleries around Dallas Design District, and you can choose 1 or a few for gallery-hopping in the Design District with your partner.
Carneal Simmons Contemporary Art
50. Deep Ellum Galleries Check out some of the cool exhibits at some galleries at Deep Ellum and then have a drink at a nearby bar after. Here are a few galleries that you can check out:
Date Night ideas – Take in a Movie!
Everyone loves a good movie, right? These movie theaters below will get your date night fix for sure.
51. Studio Movie Grill They have several locations that you can check out around. They serve food and drinks at your seats which makes it a favorite movie theater to many. The Studio movie theater Dallas TX is a must!
52. Angelika Film Center If you are into indie & smart mainstream movies, this is your movie theater.
There is one located at Shops at Legacy where you can have dinner at nearby restaurants and then watch a movie after.
53. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Don’t you hate people using their electronics inside the theater? If yes, then this is your place. They are famous for their strict policy of requiring their audiences to maintain proper cinema-going etiquette.
54. iPic Theaters This is an upscale cinema chain with plush seating, gourmet light bites & cocktails, plus in-theater service. Such a cozy and relaxing place to watch a movie.
55. Moviehouse & Eatery For those looking to catch dinner and a movie, Moviehouse & Eatery features ten dine-in theaters, complete with plush recliners and a dedicated waitstaff.
A full-service bar in the lobby gives everyone a place to gather before enjoying dinner and a show and serves up nightcaps to end the evening.
56. Coyote Drive-In Enjoy an old-fashioned night at the movies with food, drinks, and the stars!
Date Nights for the Sports Fanatics
57. Watch the Mavs and Texas Stars at American Airlines Center.
58. Nothing will make your sports lover partner than getting him/ her a ticket to watch the Cowboys play at AT&T Stadium.
59. Go to Dr. Pepper Ballpark to watch baseball; it is the home ballpark of the Frisco RoughRiders Minor League Baseball club, and it has consistently been ranked as one of the top venues in minor league baseball in the US.
60. Toyota Stadium – FC Dallas Have fun watching some soccer leagues at one of their luxury suites or club seating.
61. Check out the brand new ballpark at Globe Life Field in Arlington, home to the Texas Rangers.
62. Explore The Star in Frisco at Ford Center. The Dallas Cowboys World Corporate Headquarters at The Star in Frisco is a destination created to allow fans to connect with the team in ways they have never imagined.
The VIP Guided Tours will give Cowboys fans a chance to experience the place where the Dallas Cowboys train and work 355 days of the year.
Date Nights for the Fitness Buffs
Make date night fun and healthy! It’s easy and fun to get in a great couple of workouts while also spending time with the one you love!
63. The Katy Trail You can bike, walk, run, or even rollerblade on the 3.5-mile trail and after you finish your workout, get food and drink at Katy Trail Ice House.
64. Play Golf You don’t need to be competitive to enjoy the game. It is a great way to get some exercise at the same time talk.
65. Top Golf If you are not interested in really going for a round of golf but still want to it some golf balls, then Top Golf is for you. It is a fun place, so get some drinks and food, and have fun!
66. Try Acro Yoga at The Yoga Movement As people say, Acro yoga is a healthy alternative to couples therapy. It helps develop your communication skills, strength, and stability with yourself and your partner.
The Yoga Movement offers a class that is perfect for beginners who are looking to try the fun, unique workout. You can try this out and have fun!
67. Rock Climbing at the Summit Climbing, Yoga and Fitness Climbing 101 class is an excellent way for beginners, the course starts with the climbing basics and gradually moves on to more advanced techniques.
Try it out and who knows you will love the sports and keep having date nights cliff-hanging!
68. Ice Skating I guess you don’t need to be good at it, but a little sweat and some laughter is a great way to spend time together. Galleria indoor ice skating center is open all year round.
69. Kickboxing is a fun way to break a sweat together and release some frustrations, Title Boxing Club may be able to help you and your partner.
Date Nights For the Geeks & the Nerds
70. Holy Grail Pub hosts a trivia night every Wednesday night at 9:00 p.m, it is FREE, and each player has a chance to win some $$ toward your next bar tab.
71. The Ginger Man Check them out in two, and they will start their weekly trivia night again.
72. Join Geeks Who Drink For more details, check it here and who knows, this may be your weekly or a monthly date:)
73. Game Night at Dallas Game Marathon A great place to play games, it has a growing games library of over 1,600+ board games that you can check out and play at their monthly marathons and weekly game nights.
And, you are welcome to bring your own game.
74. Chess at Klyde Warren Park Playing chess can be romantic if you play it at a park. The Reading & Games Courtyard at Klyde Warren Park is the perfect place to challenge your partner for a game of chess.
75. Free Play Arcade Looking for something where you can eat and have drinks and play 80s video games, rather than modern-day virtual reality? Here you go, this is the place for you.
Date Nights for People who love Dinner Shows
76. Medieval Times Dinner Theater Make it a KNIGHT of travel back in Medieval times.
77. Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar Ooooh… this is such a fun place, and for sure you and your partner will have a fantastic time. Enjoy some food, some drinks, and sing along as two pianists battle it out.
Who doesn’t want to laugh out loud? We all do! SO, taking your partner to a comedy club is the perfect place to go. Have some food, sip on a cocktail, watch the performances and laugh out loud with your loved one by your side.
78. Improv Today, the Improv stage continues to be the most important live venue for new comedians. Come and join the IMPROV legacy.
79. Hyena’s Comedy Nightclub Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, trying to impress a date, or just looking to escape the daily grind with some laughs and beers, you’ve come to the right spot.
80. Dallas Comedy House Dallas Comedy House is the premier training center and performance venue for comedy in Dallas! We have affordable, quality shows five nights a week.
81. Wine and Magic at Checkered Past Winery Watch award-winning magician Trigg Watson for a night of Wine and Magic at Checkered Past Winery. Have some of their signature wines, pizza, charcuterie board, desserts, and more during this delightful show.
82. The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show Dallas An exciting evening awaits you and your partner as you embark into this dinner show with suspense and paranoia.
Have fun solving the mystery! “The culprit is hiding among you, and it’s your job to figure out whodunit!”
83. The City Night KTV Bar and Cafe Sing the night away with your partner or watch someone else sing. City Night KTV is more than just a karaoke place; it’s an entertainment center. They have a karaoke place, a hot pot restaurant, and a spa and massage center.
Date Nights for the Dancers
There is no better way to have a fun night with your partner than to go to a bar or a club and dance the night away. It is about time to get those dancing shoes and has a fabulous time!
84. Blue Martini Martinis and champagne accompanied with live music or DJs, Blue Martini is a great place to be.
85. Sambuca 360 Dine, drink, and dance at Sambuca 360, located in the trendy Shops at Legacy in Plano. The rockin’ American grill will not only tempt you with utterly delicious food, it also serves up a variety of live music every night.
Any evening is great for dining, drinking, and enjoying the show, but on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, high-energy bands, dynamic light shows, and gigantic video screens create incredible dance parties.
86. Guitars and Cadillacs Are you in the mood for some country music? Guitars and Cadillacs is Dallas’ #1 Country Western Nightclub in the area. Check it out.
87. Gloria’s Latin Cuisine It is party time at Gloria’s on the weekends. When dinner ends, the party begins!
All other Exciting Date Night (or day) ideas
88. Dallas by Chocolate Tours Yes, it is a fun tour to chocolate shops, chocolate makers and artisan chocolatiers. However, it is also about BBQ, taco & margarita tours, winery tours, a taste of the Bishop Arts District historical food tours, and others. This should be exciting!
89. Walk with a Llama Yes, a walk in a park is relaxing and a great way to spend quiet time with your partner. But to make it more exciting, try a walk with a llama offered by Shangrillama.
Have some fresh air on a scenic trail as you walk with fascinating and personality-packed llamas.
90. Head to the Canvas hotel pool in Dallas – for $10 you can swim on the roof in their infinity pool and have access to their bar, cabanas and restaurant
91. Reunion Tower A place to be if you wanted to check out Dallas skyline views! Go up to see the sunset… it is beautiful up there!
92. Grapevine Wine Tours This is a great way to visit several wineries nearby, try some of the varieties and have some food, too.
Cooking Classes Date Nights
Perfect for couples who love to cook or at least want to learn how to cook.
93. Sur La Table has great cooking classes you can do as a couple!
94. Tre Cooking Concepts Do you want to learn from the best? Check out celebrity Chef Tre Wilcox cooking classes. This is a hands-on cooking class where you get to participate in making everything on a 3-course menu, working in three small groups. Chef Tre will lead the class with the assistance of a qualified chef.
The best part, you may bring your own wine for the meal as well.
95. Head to Central Market in Plano for couples cooking classes!
Date Nights for the Foodies
Must-try restaurants for the foodies. It should be a great food experience!
96. Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House After opening its doors in 1993, Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House was named one of the country’s top new restaurants by Bon Appetit magazine and is currently ranked as one of the Best Steak Houses in America.
97. Gemma D Magazine review by Eve Hill-Agnus: “The cooking at Gemma is sharp and focused; the execution splendid. I was impressed.
It’s nice to know there are places that quietly continue to confound the derivative and do something subtle and creative. We have a gem in Gemma.”
98. Bulla Gastrobar Perfect place for Spanish tapas and cocktails. Go to Spain without leaving Plano!
99. Edoko Sushi and Robata Excite your palate with a great selection from robata bar, sushi bar, and kitchen. Plus, you can enjoy premium sake, Japanese beer, and handcrafted cocktails. It’s just one of the many great Sushi places nearby
100. Tulum The restaurant ambiance reflects a similar laid-back environment as Tulum. The menu is rustic and elegant with natural offerings.
We forgot to mention that if you want to try your luck at gambling, we love the Winstar, just over the border in Oklahoma.
You may be able to do a Day-Date? If so, you should try these places which are the Best Breakfast and Brunch Spots in Plano! or maybe plan a visit to the State Fair of Texas in mid-late September and early October
Are you wanting to plan a date night?
Here are some great ideas for drop-in daycares around town and some places that offer parent’s night out!
Moms, tell us your favorite place for a Date Night!
Are you a Plano Mom? If you live, work or play in or around Plano, sign up for our newsletter to get weekly news, events and offers to your inbox. Join the Plano Moms community on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – connect with us and each other!
Friday 23rd of July 2021
Hi there. I work at Reunion Tower and I appreciate you thinking of us for a cool Date Night! However, I wanted to let you and your readers know the restaurant at the tower is closed for renovations until some time in 2022. It will also no longer be a Wolfgang Puck property. I can keep you up to date when we have a new partner and when it will open. While the restaurant is closed, the tower's observation deck is open and we also have a number of events people can take participate in. Everyone is invited to check out reuniontower.com to learn more. Please let me know if you have any questions
Friday 26th of March 2021
A Great addition to this list would be Fixation VR in Hurst. The largest VR arcade in Texas. Get a private room for you and your date where you can try out all of the latest VR experiences including lots of multi-player VR. You and your partner and do an escape room, save the world fighting zombies, robots or orcs. Visit the streets of Paris, Rome or Rio in anticipation of a future trip. BYOB friendly
Friday 26th of March 2021
That’s great Shane! Thank you for letting us know about your business. We do have options for us to work together to promote you. Check out our site at planomoms.business
Tuesday 2nd of February 2021
Rent a hotel room you have so many beautiful hotels around Dallas The Ritz Carlton, The Mansion on Turtle Creek, The Hilton Anatole, Hotel ZaZa, the NYLO. Many options here.