Are you looking to adopt a new pet in Plano? Did you know that Plano has its very own Animal Shelter? This is a great resource for you to find the best pet for your family.
Here’s how to adopt a pet in Plano and more about the Plano Animal Shelter.
Adopting a pet can bring so much joy for the owners and the pet! Plano has its own animal shelter that is full of some many wonderful pets just waiting to be adopted.
4028 West Plano Parkway
Plano, Texas 75093
Tuesday-Friday 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday-Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
Closed on Monday
Adoption fees include the following services:
- Spay/neuter surgery
- First set of vaccinations (including rabies)
- Heartworm test for dogs (if over six months of age)
- Heartworm treatment if the dog tests positive
- Microchip implantation and registration
- Collar and tags
- Other goodies
All of these above would cost several hundred dollars at a vet. You can save money and save a life by adopting at the Plano Animal Shelter!
Are you ready to adopt? You can use this Pet Finder to help you find the perfect addition to your home.
Ready to rescue a pet and save a life? Here are some of the most suggested rescue groups:
- DFW Lab Rescue
- Legacy Boxer Rescue
- Life Matters Animal Rescue
- Take Me Home Pet Rescue
- Legacy Humane Society
- Paws of Love Animal Rescue
- Dallas Pets Alive
- Texas Husky Rescue
- Heaven Can Wait Animal Rescue
- DRW Pup Patrol
- Dallas Australian Shepherd and Herding Dog Rescue
Have you used any of these rescue groups? Tells us about it in the comments!
Once you get your new sweet dog, be sure and visit the Dog Park at Jack Carter Park!