Looking for a local Recommended Vet?
No one loves your treasured pets as much as you do and that is a fact!
They become part of the family and as such most of them get treated with the same care and respect. It is also a fact that it entails hard work to take care of them, but if you do your research, you will learn that there are a lot of benefits in owning a pet. What better way is there to show our love and care for them than finding the best veterinary care possible?
For first-time pet owners, visiting a vet can be a bit overwhelming, most especially when you don’t know what to expect.
Whether your visit is for a routine checkup or to check symptoms, we suggest you prepare by writing down all your concerns and questions.
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask on your first visit:
- What are the services you offered? What is the office capabilities?
- How to contact the staff if there is an emergency? Is emergency care available after hours, on weekends or during holidays?
- What type of parasites and pests are common in the area? And how can I prevent them?
- Should I get pet insurance, and what should I look for when choosing an insurance plan?
- Do I need to give my pet vaccinations? What is best?
- What type of food do I offer to my pet?
- What kind of grooming do you recommend for my pet?
- Is Pre-Anasthetic bloodwork included in the price of a spay/neuter and other surgeries?
And if the visit is beyond routine check-up, write down all the symptoms and medications you may have provided and any behavior that may be unusual. Also, it can help a lot if you write down what food you have given and its quantities.
Other important things to consider for are additional services offered like grooming services, pet boarding, pet day camps, and training.
The Pet Vet is a family owned collection of veterinary hospitals located inside Petco stores.
They provide full-service, comprehensive veterinary care without the premium price tag.
Their competitive prices allow them to provide you the same great deals you’ll find at high volume vaccination and spay/neuter only clinics but at The Pet Vet, you are never treated as a number.
They are open seven days a week and provide urgent care which saves our clients from incurring expensive veterinary ER charges. Their goal is to provide your pet with quality wellness and preventative care at a great price and also be there when your pet is sick or in need of urgent care.
There’s nothing worse than taking your pet to the veterinarian you have come to trust only to find out that they do not provide urgent care or surgery when your pet needs them the most. This leaves you searching for a new doctor to care for your pet during that emotional time of need.
The Pet Vet is here for your pet for their entire life. They are your other family doctor.
They currently have locations inside Petcos in Frisco, Dallas (Prestonwood), and Highland Village and are open in Allen too.
You can visit our website for more information.
Follow them on Facebook by searching The Pet Vet – Frisco, The Pet Vet – Prestonwood, The Pet Vet – Highland Village, or The Pet Vet – Allen. Their pricing can be found on their Facebook pages under the Services tab.
Plano Moms Offer: $15 exams and Low-Cost Vaccinations every day!
The Pet Vet – Frisco – 5177 Eldorado Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75033 (214) 472-8387
The Pet Vet – Prestonwood, 5301 Belt Line Rd Ste 106, Dallas, TX 75254 (469) 470-4771
The Pet Vet – Highland Village, 3194 FM 407, Highland Village, TX 75077 (469) 470-4772
The Pet Vet – Allen – Now at PETCO AT CENTRAL AND McDermott
And here are some more favorite Plano Moms Vets!
- 121 Animal Hospital
- 14th Street Animal Hospital
- Advanced Veterinary Care of Plano
- Allen Animal Clinic
- Alma Animal Hospital
- Animal Diagnostic Clinic
- Animal Hospital of Rowlett & Vet Clinic
- Animal Medical Center of Plano
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- Breckinridge Vets
- Chase Oaks Animal Clinic
- City Vet Frisco
- City Vet Plano
- Coit North Veterinary Hospital
- Companion Animal Hospital
- County Creek Animal Hospital Allen
- Custer Road Animal Hospital
- Denton Animal Hospital
- Emergency Animal Hospital of Collin County
- Frisco Emergency Pet Care
- Hanks Animal Hospital
- High Point Animal Hospital
- Lancer’s Square Animal Clinic
- Legacy Drive Animal Hospital
- Legacy Vet Hospital
- Legacy Village Vet Clinic
- Murphy Road Animal Hospital
- North Plano Animal Hospital
- Ohio Drive Animal Hospital
- Parker Animal and Bird Clinic
- Parker Rd Animal Hospital Wylie
- Prestonwood Pet Clinic
- Pet Smart
- Russell Creek Pet Clinic and Hospital
- Springhill Vet Clinic
- Stonebriar Vet
- The Shot Spot
- Valley Ranch Pet Clinic
- VCA Preston Park Animal Hospital
- Vet Savers Carrollton
- Wylie Veterinary Hospital
Also, keep in mind that, “Plano Animal Services is committed to partner with Plano’s citizens, veterinarians, and animal welfare organizations to promote responsible pet ownership and to provide outstanding animal health and welfare and human health protection services.”
And they do have some animals that are available for adoption at the City of Plano Animal Shelter. Check out their website for details.
Lastly, for people who are planning to get a pet and curious about the cost, here’s a good website that shows the latest pet ownership cost guide
Are you looking for a great Pet Sitter and Boarding Place?
Thank you Buena Montero, for sharing this great post with us.