As we are getting closer to the holidays it’s going to be time for those fun family photos!
Before your schedules build up and time gets away from you, be sure and grab your sweet kids and check out some of these fabulous places for outdoor photos in and around Plano.
We have so many around here and the majority are at parks or so easy to get to. Grab your cameras and pretty smiles!
The Best Places for Outdoor Photos In and Around Plano
- Haggard Park: This has a gazebo, a bridge, and a pond. It’s beautiful and right next down downtown Plano so you can get some pretty nature shots and then cross over and get some urban shots in downtown Plano!
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve: Known for its beautiful scenery, hills, and nature- you might have to walk the trails a little to find some pretty backgrounds but this makes for some breathtaking photos!
- Babes Chicken (Frisco): These make for some excellent photos with more of a country feel right outside of Babes in the heart of downtown Frisco. A plus is that you can eat at Babe’s when you are done! FYI: It’s best to go early on a Sat or Sunday morning!
- Downtown McKinney: Perfect for those urban photos. So many great places to eat up there afterward.
- Downtown Plano – there are some great spots in our Historic Downtown Plano
- Dallas Arboretum This would require you to pay to enter but they do have the best scenery!!!! Fall is great for pumpkins and spring has the most beautiful flowers you have EVER seen!
Need a Photographer?
These are the most recommended photographers by Local Moms around Plano, Frisco, North Dallas and the surrounding cities.
- Prairie Creek (Richardson) This can be hard to find but they have a beautiful waterfall! Yes, a waterfall. I’ve never been able to find it myself but I’ve seen pictures. Maybe you will have better luck 🙂
- Watters Creek (Allen) I’ve taken photos here several times early in the mornings and they turn out great. Go by the horses by Mi Cocina and the pond/rocks. Very pretty.
- St. Andrews Methodist Church This is a great place to go and so pretty! Go behind the church. They have a pond, stream, rocks. It’s very nice back there.
- Shops at Legacy: Great for those urban photos.
- Ft. Worth Water Gardens: I’ve never been but it’s really pretty for scenery for backgrounds too.
- Bob Woodruff Park: A large lake area and grass for nice family photos.
Let’s keep this list growing, what other places do you know so we can add them?