You are expecting a cute new little bundle of joy, and of course, you wanted to capture those precious moments when they are still so tiny – chances are you’ll be looking for a Newborn Photographer nearby around Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney and surrounding areas.
Maternity Photography and Newborn pictures are probably the most precious photos you will ever have; that’s why choosing the right person to capture this time “on film” is crucial. You may have a chance to take photos of your Newborn in a Spring, Fall or Winter Mini shoot.
You need to work with a photographer specializing in newborn photography and someone who is also caring and patient with the new baby during the Newborn session. You want to be sure that your baby is in the best hands.
Here are some things to consider when choosing your Newborn Photographer nearby
The Top 10 Questions to Ask Newborn Photographers
An experienced photographer can make a world of difference! When searching for the right newborn photographer, you can ask some of these few questions:
An experienced photographer can make a world of difference.
When searching for the right newborn photographer, you can ask some of these few questions:
- What training or certifications have you received?
- Do you have any safety training, specifically for newborn photography?
- How many years have you been working as a newborn photographer?
- How many babies have you handled up to this point in your career?
- Do you have any of the following safety and training certification programs for newborn photography?
- AANPS is the American Association of Newborn Photography Safety.
- APNPI Accredited Professional Newborn Photographers International Certifications
- How old the baby needs to be for a newborn photoshoot?
- Do you photo shoot as early as two days old (“fresh 48”) or a two-week-old baby?
- When should I schedule a newborn photoshoot?
- What precautions are you implementing during these challenging times?
- How many photoshoot sessions do you do per day?
- Where is the best place to do the photoshoot?
- Can you do it in my home? Do you bring props with you?
- Do you have any assistants?
- What is included in the price?
- Do I get to keep all the photos or do I have to choose a specific number in a package?
- Do you accept credit card?
- Do you offer any payment plans?
- How do we prepare for the photoshoot?
- How long it takes to get the photos?
Plan your Props and Outfits
One thing you are going to want to do is plan your newborn’s outfits! We have seen so many cute shoots with different outfits, blankets, hats or bows. We love this great selection on Amazon
Are you looking to book a Fresh 48?
Fresh 48 photography is a special session for those new families who want the first few hours of their newborn’s life captured without having the entire labor or birth documented. Held within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life, these lifestyle sessions are perfect for remembering that first day forever.
You can book 6 (to 8) months in advance. Ideally the best time to book is after your 20 week ultrasound. Babies are typically best photographed between 7-16 days after birth for newborn sessions, and within the first 24-72 hours for a “Fresh 48” Session.
“We had a great experience. I didn’t want to do it because it was 18 hours after giving birth but I’m glad I did”About Paige Walker Photography
How much do they charge for Newborn photo shoots?
Rates do vary, but do budget somewhere between $500 – $700 as an average rate. At the low end, with newer photographers with a basic set up may charge $300 but rates can increase up to $1000 depending on how they structure their business.
Ask yourself if you want digital only, digital + prints or prints/album. Ask your photographer to see a few galleries so you can see their work. Some offer all the props and outfits, have their own studios and some come to your home to offer a lifestyle look.
The cost of newborn photography can vary greatly depending on experience, location, style, the timing of the photoshoot, and training level. So, when booking your photoshoot session, make sure you know exactly what you are getting.
Most photographers offer packages and discounts, and many of them specialize in maternity and newborn; they may even do both belly photos and newborn for a cheaper cost. Planning in advance is necessary to ensure of getting the right photographer for your family.
Looking for an Outdoor First birthday and a Cake Smash session?
These are some of the most fun shoots and can get very messy, so it suits an outdoor shoot for sure!
These Photographers have been recommended for Cake Smash:
BethAnne says Rebecca from RDImages.com is the best!
We used L & I.T for maternity, newborn and cake smash. Wonderful talented couple and the pictures are always so perfect, I would highly recommend them
If you are asking “Who is the best Newborn Photographer near me?”
These are most Recommended from local Moms
The newborn session we had with Urooj Photography was gorgeous! We use her for all our family sessions. She’s so good with the Littles and she has great pricing. And she’s a mom! 😃
L&I.T Photography really are amazing at newborns and very reasonably priced! They give you all of your images and their sessions are $250!! Check them out for sureDawn, Plano, TX
We used them for our newborn shoot recently and we were blown away!! Amazing experience and photosNatacha – Plano TX
Ashleigh Coelho Photography does mini sessions! And her work is beautifulMegan, Plano, TX
She is amazing with newborns and also their siblings! Her studio is so nice too. She also will go to your house too if you want that look too!
Jessica Cernat took both my maternity session and new born sessions for both my kids. She is AMAZING!!Monica, Frisco TX
Missy Ann Photography was exactly what we were looking for and supplied all the cute little outfits. This is a side by side of my (now) 3yo and her (now) 6mo sister when they were both newborns.
Missy is the best of the best
She has done both of our girls and is phenomenal. Here’s a side by side of when our 3yo was a baby and her little sister. Also, she has ALL the stuff you need (cute lil outfits) and she’s infant handling certified and is super clean. I can’t say enough good words about Missy.Rachel, Plano TX
Add these to your list for research:
- Rachel Friedman Photography
- Courtney Morgan Photography
- Cristi Westbrook Photography
- Rachel Friedman Photography
- Live Beautifully Photography
- Allison Dittman Photography
- Nazia Morani Photography
- Ana Dufreche Photography
- Jessica Ortiz Photography
- Becky Z Photography
- Aissa Tendorf Photography
- K-Rae Images Photography
- Kimberly Milano Photography
- Chelle Cates
- Dawson Cole Photography
- Sugar Blush
- Fat Baby Photography
- Blush Little Baby Photography
- Blooming Tree Photography
- Cindy Arthur Photography and Design