Who are you supporting this North Texas Giving Day?
We asked Plano Moms everywhere to nominate their favorite charities to support on September 19th for North Texas Giving Day!
What is NTX Giving Day?
Communities Foundation of Texas’ North Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour online giving event designed to empower every person to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits and causes they care about in one easy-to-use platform.
The event helps build awareness and support for nonprofits like nothing else.
In 2018, over $48 million was raised through more than 157,000 gifts benefiting 2,700 local nonprofits, bringing the ten-year total to over $240 million for our community.
North Texas Giving Day is the largest community-wide giving event in the nation.
Since its inception in 2009, this online event has transformed from an idea to help raise awareness of nonprofits, to a movement that has ignited a broad culture of community-wide giving. During North Texas Giving Day, everyone has the opportunity to be a philanthropist to build a stronger and more vibrant community.
Who will you support?
For those who are close to your heart, if you are wanting to give this year, September 19th is the best day to do so.
- Gifts for Moms
- The Heritage Museum
- The Texas Pool
- Living only Love Sanctuary – A spiritual community providing community projects to help those in need
- PISD Education Foundation
- Plano Young Life
- My Possibilities – A daytime activities group for special needs adults
- The Storehouse of Collin County (at St Andrews UMC) – They feed those in need through Seven Loaves Food Pantry & supply clothing
- Veterans Center of North Texas
- S.N.Y.P Spay and Neuter your Pet. Helps avoid overpopulation for Pets
- Hope’s Door New Beginning Center
- North Texas Performing Arts – they bring affordable entertainment to the community – showcasing local playwrights and talent
- Minnie’s Food Pantry
- AUsome Moms – providing support, social opportunities and education to families of children on the autism spectrum in the DFW Metroplex.
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County – safety, healing and justice for neglected and abused children
- Hendrick Scholarship Foundation
- Greyhound Adoption League of Texas Inc
- Boys and Girls Club of Collin County
- Aceing Autism
- City House
- Art Centre of Plano
- nonPareil Institute – provides better futures for adults with Autism
- This Side Up Family -Moving Families from Surviving to Thriving through parenting education, marriage enrichment, single parent support, and values focused family connection for the whole family.
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
- KERA Public TV
- North Texas Food Bank
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas
- Frisco Moms Care – our sisters in Frisco with multiple projects hoping local Frisco families in need
- WERE Community
- Families to Freedom
- Tails from the Heart Rescue
- Plano Symphony Orchestra
- Chamberlain Performing Arts
- The Storehouse at Seven Loaves
- The Womens Chorus of Dallas
- Assistance Center of Collin County
- Hope Women’s Center
- Tzu Zoo Rescue takes those that are left behind by others
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center
Check out our list of Places Around Plano to Volunteer With Your Kids