Save Money, Tickets and Top Tips!
Six Flags Over Texas is a 212 – acre theme park in Dallas known for its thrilling rides, fun family attractions, live entertainment, excellent dining options, and a lot more. It features over 40 thrilling rides, which include the park signature ride the Texas Giant, a wood-steel hybrid coaster, the 325-foot Superman: Tower of Power, a mind-blowing massive steel tower which is one of the highest drop tower rides in the world.
And, the Titan rollercoaster, that is so intense they have to come up with a whole new category for it – the hyper twisted coaster! Conveniently located halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth, Six Flag Over Texas offers something for everyone in the family. It is a great place for thrill-seekers, adrenaline junkies and fun-loving families.
It’s our closest Six Flags near by. For first-timers, it can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know what to expect, and even if it is your 2nd or 3rd time, you still need to plan to make the most of your visit.
Here is Plano Moms’ guide to Tickets, Pricing, Coupons and ways to save money to help ensure that you have a memorable experience.
Before You Go
Six Flags Tickets and Pricing
- Buy your tickets in advance online; this will allow you to save some time when you arrive by skipping the line at the ticket booth and get through the gate faster. You can print your tickets out at home. We recommend buying a package and you can save up to $17 per ticket.
- Buy your parking in advance on the website. You can just show it to the parking attendant as soon as you arrive.
Plan your Visit
Six Flags Hours and Your Visit
Make sure to check our park’s schedule to confirm the hours for the day you plan to visit. They vary every day, especially during Holidays.
Familiarize yourself with the layout of the park. The park is vast and can be confusing the very first time since some restrictions exist after so many expansions and changes over the years.
Know your kid’s height to save time in measuring them at the park and to avoid attractions that they can’t ride to keep away from some frustrations or meltdowns.
Pack minimal things and bring a small clear bag that you can put a cell phone, money, and other essential items. This makes it easier for the attendant to check.
Bring a waterproof bag to keep important things dry if you plan to go on water rides.
Check out your park’s event calendar for special events like concerts and extended ride time dates.
Read the Park Policies
Download Six Flags app. It allows you to make the most of your next visit. You can view the show and character meet-and-greet schedules. You can navigate the park map, Plan meals with restaurant menus, etc.
Ways to Save MONEY
Visiting Six Flags Over Texas can be a great family time filled with so much fun and thrills, but the price can be so high, too, especially for families. However, don’t be so disappointed yet because we have here some saving tips.
Become a Six Flags Member with a Six Flags Season Pass
The Membership program features the most significant value, the best benefits, and the unique experiences. You’ll get all of the benefits of Season Passes PLUS a variety of special features such as unlimited soft drinks, preferred parking, up to 50% off almost everything, and much more.
Sale ongoing right now with NO Signup fee and Three Free Months
Black Friday is the best time of year to get the maximum savings possible:
The current offer is 2 passes for $99.99 and receive one FREE Season Parking or upgrade to Gold Season Pass for $10 more!*
KEY BENEFITS OF THIS PASS
One FREE Season Parking Pass
- Unlimited admission to Six Flags America
- Includes park admission to Fright Fest
- Includes park admission to Holiday in the Park
- Save on Thrills and Chills with Coca Cola
Unsure about whether you should buy a Season Pass?
This information comes from Six Flags’ website.
Both Membership and Season Passes include:
- Unlimited visits to your local park
- Free tickets for friends on select days
- Free admission to all of our theme parks
- Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park admission
- Season Parking ($80 value, included with Gold Season Passes and ALL Memberships)
Become a Member if:
- You plan to visit at least once before the end of 2020.
- You want to visit Six Flags waterparks* this summer.
- You want more benefits than any other theme park has ever offered like unlimited soft drinks, preferred parking, and skip the line passes.
- You want to save up to 50% every time you buy food, candy, merch, dining passes, friend tickets, etc.
- You want VIP treatment via exclusive waterpark seating and special Member-only events.
- You want rewards for every dollar you spend.
Buy a 2020 Season Pass if:
- You’re pretty sure you’re only going to want to visit once before the end of 2020.
- You just want unlimited admission and don’t care about discounts, benefits or fancy treatment.
- You can’t stand the idea of joining another monthly Membership program.
- You’re purchasing it as a gift for someone outside of your household.
You can also save at Six Flags Over Texas when you bring a can of Coca-Cola. Just present your can at the ticket booths to save up to $25 – all the details.
One of the easiest ways to get a discount is to simply purchase your ticket online at sixflags.com at least 24 hours in advance of your visit.
Groups of 10-99 that purchase in advance can take advantage of special group discounts.
Groups of 10 to 14 can pre-purchase tickets for $41.99, plus tax, per person.
Two-week advance purchase required for tickets to be mailed back to you. Minimum purchase of 4 business days in advance for tickets to be held at Will Call.
Six Flags Over Texas reserves the right to date any ticket order exceeding 75.
Kids in grades K-6 earn a free ticket through Read to Succeed Program
Don’t forget about the Dining discount deal. Meal Deals can be purchased online before your visit. You can also buy a dining pass to get lunch and snacks in the park every time you visit.
Checkout vacation packages to bundle your accommodation with your park admission and get the most for your family time and money. Even if you lived around DFW, make it a staycation for the family!
The Day at the Park
- Arrive as early as you can because when you arrive a few minutes before the turnstiles open, you’ll beat the rush (and be the first to your favorite ride!) Or, you can do an early evening when everyone else is exhausted and heading home.
- Take a photo of your parking spot to avoid some confusion at the end of your visit. It can be overwhelming with so many cars in a vast parking lot.
- There is a special entrance reserved just for Discover Cardholders. Look for the orange carpet leading to the Discover Cardmember Entrance, and you can show your card along with your tickets or Season Pass, and you are good to go.
- This can work to some but may not be for everyone, especially when you have kids who get too excited when they see the first ride, and you don’t want screaming kids. However, if you can contain their excitement, you can start your day at the back of the park, and you can work your way to the front. Starting at the back will save you time, and you will be closer to the parking lot by the end of the day.
- Take the water rides first if you can; you will get soaking wet for sure, and this way, you have the entire day to dry off.
- Remember that line-jumping is strictly prohibited. If you do so, you can be ejected from the park without a refund. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for a reason.
- Use the Parent Swap because parents want to ride too, right? If you are with a child who’s too short or too scared to ride the big coasters, the Parent Swap will let your kid with an adult wait at the exit, and then after the first ride is completed, the adult who remained with the child is now allowed to ride.
- You can use a single rider lane to skip the lines to get the ride faster. That is if you don’t mind splitting your group up and riding alone.
- Eat at off-peak times! While the rest of the people are on the rides, you can eat and fuel and continue to do more rides.
* Please refer to the Six Flags own’ website for information on this offer. Plano Moms does not take any responsibility for it’s availability.
You can also visit other nearby places to Arlington, TX like: Have you been to Traders Village in Grand Prairie? or find 10+ Kid Friendly Things to do in Dallas and Ft. Worth