We are so lucky to have an amazing library system here in Plano. Did you know some local suburbs around us only have 1 library?? I bet there are some other fun facts about the Plano libraries you might not know as well. Come learn more and get to know the Plano Libraries.
The Plano Public library system has 5 great locations: Davis, Haggard, Harrington, Parr, and Schimelpfenig. To find out more about each location and address check out the Plano Library website.
There are SO MANY amazing materials, services, and features here that the casual library patron who just pops in for a book or storytime now and then might not be aware of. Plano Public Library has lots to offer to moms of young children both in the buildings and on the go.
Let’s check out some of these amazing programs and classes offered and find one that works for you and your schedule!
Young Kids Plano Library Fun:
There 38 “Reading Readiness Storytime” sessions each week that are targeted to different ages and use different formats and skills at these locations. I’ve always taken mine to library story time- it’s so much fun! These dates and times are listed on the website as there are so many to choose from. Be sure to check those out. Here are some other classes/programs offered for the younger aged kids.
- Play and Learn: Playing is learning! Toddlers explore and connect in this unstructured and imaginative playtime. Parent/Caregiver participation is required. Ages 18-36 months
- App Time: Digital Story Time: Age-appropriate book and activity apps demonstrated to reinforce early literacy concepts through a digital format. Parent/caregiver participation required. Ages 3-6
- Puppet Shows: Three Billy Goats Gruff – Three goats must outwit a troll to reach the tasty apple tree. All ages
- Dance Party – Music helps with early literacy! Move to the music, listen to books with a beat, and have lots of fun! Ages 2-6
Did you know about these programs the Plano Public Library System has to offer? I had no idea there were so many! Be sure to check out the flyer for all of the above classes and more. It would be a great idea to print off and keep handy to see what is coming up.
Check out these things you might not know:
- Getting a library card is totally FREE!
- They have adult tablets you can check out preloaded with games
- You can log-in to the library website and request (put on hold) books/movies and they will email you when they become available!
- STEM/STEM activities are available for check out
- Books are usually on sale in the lobby sometimes for 10-25 cents.
- Tons of auto-books, movies, and more can be checked out for kids
- Awesome summer reading programs!
Are you a Plano Mom? If you live, work or play in or around Plano, sign up for our newsletter to get weekly news, events and offers to your inbox. Join the Plano Moms community on Facebook,Instagram, and Twitter – connect with us and each other!