Zip lining and Treetop Adventures in Plano
If you have just moved here or have lived here all your life, and hadn’t heard about the Ropes and Zipline course we have on our own doorstep, at Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve in Plano, TX, read on.
We are going to let you into the awesomeness of Go Ape Plano.
Go Ape Plano
Being adventurous outdoors is a great family activity, to get kids (and you) away from Digital Screens and into nature again. We do not have to travel far – just try searching on Google “Zip lining near me”. Within Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve, you’ll find Go Ape Treetop Adventure.
You can spend hours navigating each part of the course, which features high-ropes, ziplines, climbing and swinging.
If you and your older kids are adrenaline junkies, you can swing through the Forest right here in DFW, within a short drive of your home.
Why we love Go Ape
Spend a whole morning or afternoon here and you’ll get to find your balance, crossing bridges, being among nature and getting views up to 30 feet in the air of the Oak Point Nature Preserve and you can zip line over Rowlett Creek.
No need to worry if you have a fear of heights. You have a few obstacles to build confidence before getting to the zip line, over an area of about 800 acres.
- Wear close-toed shoes or supportive boots and active wear
- Pull hair back and bring some gardening gloves to wear
- You don’t need to carry water. Go Ape has water stations throughout the course. Be sure to hydrate though before you start.
- It is covered by the forest tree tops so it’s very shady and cooler than some outdoor spaces in this Texas heat.
- Plan to spend 2-3 hours there. They’ll give you a safety briefing before you begin and you’ll be fully equipped with safety harnesses.
- Make use of the selfie stations to capture your family fun all together!
Age Limit and Cost
The minimum age is 10 years old, minimum height of 55 inches or 4′ 7″ and Kids aged 10-15 must be supervised by one participating adult of 18+ – you must be on the course with them.
16-17 year olds need a waiver by a legal guardian or adult to be signed for their participation.
Check out other Fun Places to Take Older Kids to Play in Collin County
Rates may vary, but at the time of publishing they are:
Adult (and Young Adult 16-17 years) $59, Kids are $39 (10-15 years)
So, here’s the best bit: you get to try it with an exclusive discount
of 10% for Plano Moms!
USE THIS LINK AND PROMO CODE: GOMOM19.
It is located at 5901 Los Rios Blvd, Plano, TX at Oak Point Nature Preserve.