Where are the movies playing near me?
Who of us doesn’t want to escape life for a few hours? Well, we can all agree that going to the theater and watching a movie does just that. And, despite the invention of home theaters, we still love to go to the movie theaters. There is something special about it – the taste of movie popcorn with the soda, the big screen, the large speaker system and being in the audience when all scream, laugh or oooh at the same time. These days, many theaters offer good food and drinks selection at the movie. I believe that’s what makes it worthwhile.
There are several types of movie theaters around the North Dallas areas, Plano, Frisco and Richardson. The most common one around is a multiplex theater which is one with multiple screens within a single building. Dallas movie theaters are keeping up with the latest technology and trends delivering a better movie-going experience …. you will keep coming back for more!
Movie Theaters Nearby
Chances are that if you always think about where you can find a Movie Theater near me or a very cool Plano movie theater, you’ll get one! Most also sell movie tickets online and let you get your choice of a reserved seat for you and your family at the push of a button.
Multiplex Movie Theaters
Cinemark (Tinseltown Plano)
First up is Cinemark, the movie theater company that’s headquartered right here in Plano. Cinemark has been doing so great in keeping up with the digital world by making a lot of improvements and trying to find new ways to entice people to their theaters. Here are some of the amazing options they offer:
- D-BOX seats are changing the way you watch movies by moving the body and sparking the imagination through motion. It creates a hyper-realistic, immersive, one-of-a-kind entertainment experiences that pull you into the story like never before.
Find theater locations with D-BOX.
- XD has the largest screen in the metroplex, and it’s wall-to-wall! With its state-of-the-art projector capable of 35 trillion colors and custom surround sound with more speakers, you can definitely feel the difference.
- RealD 3D, you just don’t see the movie, you feel it. It states in their site that RealD 3D is the new generation of entertainment, with crisp, bright, ultra-realistic images so lifelike you feel like you’ve stepped inside the movie. RealD 3D adds depth that puts you in the thick of the action, whether you’re taking a voyage through an undiscovered land or dodging objects that seem to fly into the theatre.
- IMAX, according to Wikipedia, IMAX is a system of high-resolution cameras, film formats, film projectors and theaters known for having very large screens with a tall aspect ratio (of ~1.4:1) and steep stadium seating. And this for sure is designed and positioned to create an intense experience for moviegoers.
- The Cinemark Plano West location is also one of a handful of locations nationwide where you can experience The VOID. The VOID is a whole-body, fully immersive VR experience. It is totally an out-of-this world adventure. Lucky US!!!!
- Cinemark’s New Luxury Loungers has features that are worth every penny you pay with Electric-powered oversized seats that are reclining and have extendable footrests
- Click the link for theater locations with Luxury loungers.
- Please click here for all the rest of Cinemark locations
Cinemark also offers the Summer Movie Clubhouse, a 10-week program of recently released G and PG films for Kids, at selected theaters with varying days and times. Movies will only cost $1 per person at the door the morning of the program and 10-week punch cards are available online or at the Theatre for $5 too! It’s not quite going to free movies, but it’s pretty close!
AMC Theaters are also available around DFW areas.
Discount and Dollar Movie Theaters
There are some cheaper movie theater Plano TX still around, which is an excellent family entertainment at a discount. Some even show new releases at a discount.
Cinemark Movie 10
Westpark Village, 1818, Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75075
Cinemark Movies 14
1701 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75069
Dine in Movie Theaters
Dine-In Movie Theaters have been upping up their game as well, bringing you the best of both worlds – great food and the latest movies. What’s better? – Dinner and a movie!
Many of us are looking for something more whether it’s a full-service bar, luxury lounger or a nice meal they can enjoy on ultra-plush seats.
And, for those that have to sit through a kid’s movie that isn’t quite to their liking they can at least sit back, have a decent meal and, of course, drink a glass of wine or beer to soothe their discomfort.
Some theaters have dining areas and full-service bars and lounge in the lobbies which are great for meeting up before or hanging out after the movie.
Check out CUT! by Cinemark: 6969 US-380, Prosper, TX 75078
AMC Dine – In Stonebriar 24: Located in Stonebriar Centre
2601 Preston Rd #300, Frisco, TX 75034
LOOK Cinema: 5409 Belt Line Rd, Dallas, TX 75254
Studio Movie Grill
4721 W Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75093
10110 Technology Blvd E, Dallas, TX 75220
11170 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75243
13933 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75243
4800 TX-121, The Colony, TX 75056
1600 S Stemmons Fwy, Lewisville, TX 75067
IPIC Fairview: Located in: Fairview Town Center
321 Town Pl, Fairview, TX 75069
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
100 South Central Expressway #14, Richardson, TX 75080
1005 South Lamar, Dallas, TX 75215
6770 Abrams Rd., Dallas, TX 75231
320 W Las Colinas Blvd. Building A2, Irving, TX 75039
3220 Town Center Tr, Denton, TX 76201
8380 Davis Blvd., North Richland Hills, TX 76182
And Frisco is coming soon.
Flix Brewhouse: 1660 FM423, Frisco, TX 75033
Cinépolis: 14951 N, Dallas Pkwy STE 300, Dallas, TX 75254
Indie Movie Theaters
For people who are looking to watch independent films and documentaries, below are few independent movie theaters that you can go to around Dallas.
Angelika Theater: Located in: The Shops at Legacy
7205 Bishop Rd Suite E6, Plano, TX 75024
5321 E Mockingbird Ln Suite 230, Dallas, TX 75206
The Texas Theater: 231 W. Jefferson Blvd. Dallas, TX 75208
The Magnolia Theater: 3699 McKinney Ave. Dallas, TX 75204
Inwood Theater: 5458 W Lovers Ln, Dallas, TX 75209
Fun Movie Grill for people looking to watch some Bollywood films
Located in: Bent Tree Plaza
2661 Midway Rd STE 200, Carrollton, TX 75006
1210 E Belt Line Rd, Richardson, TX 75081
Lastly, Cinemark and AMC sometimes offer International films showing.
Whichever Movie Theater you choose don’t forget to check on ways you can make the most of your visit – with Loyalty schemes, Food and Drink options, discounts and memberships. Most movie theaters are offering discounts, so please don’t forget to check their websites for more details.
Let us know which are your favorite Movie Theaters and why!