Famous (Older) Landmarks In Plano, Texas
Plano is a bustling suburb just 20 miles north of downtown Dallas.
It was established in the 1840’s and holds on to the ‘small-town’ life. Even though there are not very many ‘true’ landmarks of the city, the citizens have named many of the below to be true famous landmarks in Plano.
- Collin College
- South Fork Ranch- some of the 80’s show ‘Dallas’ was filmed here.
- Downtown Plano (the red brick road)
- Haggard Farm (the llamas are a favorite to see as we drive by)
- Oak Point Nature Preserve
- The Heritage Farmstead
- Haggard Park and the Interurban Railway Museum
- The Texas Pool
- Thunderbird Rolling Rink- children of the 80’s in Plano remember this place very well!
- Bob Woodruff Park
- Clark Stadium- all the high school football games used to here.
- Dairy Queen (the original at Ave K and Park)
- Historical Houses near downtown Plano
- Plano Balloon Festival (every September)
- Aquatic Center
Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve Scavenger Hunt
Have a blast as you follow the map on a quest through Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. Your team will look for clues, solve puzzles and complete challenges all while having fun!
Purchase your Scavenger Hunt now, and start your Adventure any time!
Newer Landmarks in Plano, Texas (to be sure and check out)
- Newly re-opened Jack Carter Pool
- Shops of Legacy
- Legacy West
- Legacy Hall
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- All Abilities Jack Carter Park
- Angelika Film Center
- Go Ape Zipline
- Newly updated (and indoor pool!) Carpenter Park Rec Center
Do you have a favorite landmark in Plano?