Are your kids off on a long school holiday break?
Sometimes keeping them occupied and busy can be so challenging.
Here are some great ideas for day trips and fun things to do when kids are on a break from school.
Over Night Trips:
Great Wolf Lodge
Camping at Eisenhower Park
Broken Bow/Beavers Bend
Fun in Dallas
- Legoland Sea Life Aquarium (Grapevine)
- Dallas Zoo
- Six Flags
- Epic Water Park
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
- Adventure Landing
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Rangers Game
- Frisco RoughRiders Game
- Visit The Star in Frisco
- Hurricane Harbor
- Sandy Lake Park
- Perot Museum
- Dallas Children’s Theater
Longer Day Trips Around Dallas
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center: 2299 County Road 2008 Glen Rose, Texas, 76043 A wildlife drive through (in your own car) to see and feed the wild animals.
- Dinosaur Valley State Park; 205 Farm to Market 56 Glen Rose, Texas. A great place for camping and fishing this is a 1500 acre park open year round.
- Turner Falls: Home of Oklahoma’s largest waterfall and within driving distance of Dallas! Open every day I-35 & US HIGHWAY 77, DAVIS, OKLAHOMA Day admission is 6:30 am – 8:30 pm (all kids 12 and under MUST have a lifejacket!)
- Burger’s Lake (Ft. Worth) A 30 acre park featuring a spring fed lake. Tons of picnic tables so it’s a fun place to take food and stay for the day. No alcohol or pets allowed.
- A Fun Day out in Fort Worth – about an hour’s drive but tons of fun for Kids and Adults
Are you looking for more options with a multi-venue membership?
Are you a Plano Mom? If you live, work or play in or around Plano, sign up for our newsletter to get weekly news, events and offers to your inbox. Join the Plano Moms community on Facebook,Instagram, and Twitter – connect with us and each other!