Are you new to Plano and wanting to discover some of the best spots in Plano?
Or maybe you have lived here for awhile but you are ready to venture out and try some new places.
Here is a list of some hidden gems in Plano!
- Sugar Mountain – They are the perfect place to visit on a hot summer day! They offer sweets, beverages, and shaved ice and are located next to Burger Street off Parker/Alma. They are family owned and family operated and have been here since 2006. Here’s a fun fact, they cook their syrups using pure cane sugar and don’t add preservatives! Check them out next time you want some delicious shaved ice and give them so love! You can find them on Facebook and Instagram.
- The Plano Libraries and story times for younger kids
- Jump Mania
- Plano Children’s Theater
- Safari Run
- Aw Shucks
- Henry’s Ice Cream
- Lockhart’s BBQ
- Joe’s Pizza
- El Norte
- Crepes for U
- Country Burger
Some of our local Non-Chain Pizza Restaurants are renowned in the area!
Things to See/Do:
- Attend a Friday night football game
- Big Lake Park
- Oak Park Nature Preserve/amphitheater
- Interurban Railroad at Haggard Park
- Movies at the Park (Summer at Haggard Park)
- The Texas Pool
- Liberty Park (has a giant tank!)
- Veteran’s Park
- Heritage Farmstead
- Plano Balloon Festival
- Plano’s 4th of July Parade
- Haggard Farm at Custer/Park
- Downtown Plano
Sugar Mountain is an approved business of Plano Moms. They helped to sponsor this post.