Where are the closest Drive-in & Pop-up Movies that are open for the Summer now?
Pop-up Movies and Concerts near Plano
Free tickets are available for various dates at different locations.
What time is the event? Gates open at 6:00pm and the film begins at 7:30pm. No late entry is allowed.
Various Dates in August. Tickets are bought online. Prices are currently set at $25 per car. The Lots open at 8pm and movies begin at 9pm.
Head to the Star to enjoy the big screen outdoors at the Gaylord Lot – Edge of Tomorrow, 42, Ready Player One and Shazam!
Tribeca Drive-in Movies and Concerts: For the month of July, they’ll be showing over 30 iconic films, comedy acts and more all from the comfort of your car!
Here are just some of the features you can enjoy: Music Movies with Selena, The Bodyguard, and Straight Outta Compton, Sports Sundays with Creed, Jerry Maguire, Space Jam, and Love and Basketball, Time Travel Comedies with Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Back to the Future, High School Comedies with Mean Girls and Superbad, Ladies’ Night with Girls Trip and Bridesmaids, Hit the Road with Talladega Nights and Fast & Furious, James Bond tribute with Goldfinger and Casino Royale, and Kids’ Night with Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Spy Kids.
Tickets start at $26 per vehicle, $35 for a double feature with fees payable for online purchases.
The McKinney Performing Arts Center is taking their Summer Concert Series outside in the field next to TUPPS Brewery
Enjoy Live concerts from your car (don’t forget your lawn chairs!) and for only $99 you can see 3 shows during the season including local favorite Zane Williams with Hill Country – the band on August 21st.
Tickets will be limited, so we recommend you buy early!
Pepsi Summer Movies Series at Legacy Hall
A great free option, you can enjoy the Box Garden and their big Screen all Summer long.
This is a FREE event, therefore registration does NOT guarantee seating or access to the venue. Seating is first come, first served. Tickets will NOT be collected.
Arrive early for popular events as seating will go quickly.
Within the Addison Circle District, you’ll find three weekends of outdoor concerts featuring popular DFW bands. Enjoy the shows from the comfort of your vehicle, or bring lawn chairs to set next to your car for some fresh air. Music will be transmitted via both speaker system and FM radio, providing excellent audio quality no matter where you sit.
Admission is free for all ages. Only vehicles will be admitted into the event site.
There will not be food vendors on-site; attendees are encouraged to support Addison restaurants via dine-in or takeout before the show.
Band performance will start at 8:30pm, lot will open at 7:30pm
Starting in August and running through October, look out for info on these pop-up contact-free drive-in movie theaters where you can watch movies programmed by the Tribeca Drive-in team.
They’ll include hit movies, special appearances by filmmakers and celebrities and concessions delivered to your car or truck!
Where are the closest Drive-in Movies?
Garrett, Texas ‐ on Interstate 45, just north of Ennis at exit 255.
From Dallas, on I-45, go 20.5 miles south of the I-20 & I-45 interchange, and exit 258 for Parker Hill Road. After exiting take the very first right onto Parker Hill road, and then left to continue south on the I-45 frontage road. Galaxy Drive-In will be 2 miles down on your right.
They are open every night. The prices for tickets are as follows:
Adults(12+) $ 7.00
Children(5-11) $ 4.00
Children(4 & Under) Free
There are no online ticket sales – tickets are purchased only at their box office when you arrive.
You can take food in with you as their snack bar is closed.
These are currently rules as per CDC guidelines:
We are following all the CDC guidelines, and even going to step further! We will be implementing our new “Get out, Go home” policy.
SINGLE FEATURES ONLY AT THIS TIME – see what they are showing here
- You can Tune in to the radio and listen to the movie from INSIDE your car only.
- Kids must remain in the car at all time: no playing ball, frisbee, etc at this time.
- No lawn chairs, blankets on the ground, tents. you must remain inside your vehicle.
- You *MAY* sit outside in pickup truck beds, or inside your SUV with rear hatch open (not above your roof line).
- Restrooms be used for emergencies only, maintaining social distancing.
- They ask that you allow space between your car and the car next to you.
- Leave after having a fun, safe, social distancing night while never exiting your vehicle!
- If you can’t follow all of these rules for any reason, please do not come.
223 NE 4th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76164
$6 Adults (age 12+)
$4 Kids (5 – 11)
Ages 4 & under are Free
$5 Tuesdays (age 5+)
- Gates Open at 7PM – Limited Capacity
- Purchase Tickets online
- Pickup or delivery to vehicle of concessions thru online ordering only
- Pavilion and grass seating areas are closed
- There is limited Restroom Access
- You need to stay in your car or seat in front of car
- Parking in every other parking spot
- All Staff required to wearing gloves, mask, and temperature checked
- There are no Radio Rentals currently
- No food or drinks are allowed to be brought in.
Know before you go
- Be familiar with your vehicle’s lights and switches and safety features prior to going (in case the back hatch can’t stay open without beeping, etc…)
- Possibly bring string to keep hatch too high for others parked behind your vehicle.
- Consider bringing chairs, blankets, bug spray and a boombox/stereo to watch the movie from outside your parked vehicle.
- Arrive early to grab a great spot.
RELATED: Check for further details to see if our local Movie Theaters are opening soon
Coyote and Galaxy are poised to be the only game in town if moviegoers want to see a movie that’s not coming from their house.