We are a preschool and childcare center where the learning Environments are Inspirational, Engaging, Fun & Healthy. Academics are Advanced, Balanced, Experiential and Interactive.
Parker Chase Preschool and Childcare
Founded in 1981, Parker Chase is an NAEYC-Accredited Preschool and Childcare facility – their program is designed for children 6 weeks – pre K.
Their Learning Environments are Inspirational, Engaging, Fun & Healthy.
Their onsite chef provides home-cooked nutritious meals which are served family style for the children, with vegetarian options available. Allergy plans and diet preferences are carefully monitored.
Academics are Advanced, Balanced, Experiential and Interactive.
Their Teachers are Experienced, Educated, Collaborative, Dedicated and Connected.
Security is a top priority with video monitored entry.
Parker-Chase Preschool and Childcare is a NAEYC accredited program which strives to be a model of quality early education and care for children 6 weeks- Pre-Kindergarten.
Our goals are to foster a healthy self-esteem in each individual by respecting the individual’s needs, abilities, personality, and culture;
Our teams focus on the development of each child’s social-emotional, cognitive, language, physical, and creative abilities through the use of developmentally appropriate activities and practices
What Does a Project-Based Curriculum Look Like?
Our unique curriculum allows children to work towards the development of key skills and knowledge of an array of subjects through group projects. For example, during the ‘Dinosaurs’ unit, preschoolers participated in a fun, interactive group project that taught them different subjects and skills:
MATH: Measuring and creating a life size dinosaur, counting dinosaur bones
SCIENCE: Categorizing dinosaurs, exploring the anatomy and diets of various dinosaurs, learning about the scientists who study dinosaurs
LITERACY: Reading informational texts and classic stories about dinosaurs; practicing writing while engaging in dramatic play as paleontologists; and building vocabulary as they learn a wide variety of words relating to dinosaurs and the scientists who study them
SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL: Working together and collaborating to transform the school’s Kiva into a dinosaur habitat and creating a life size dinosaur.
- We are a NAEYC-Accredited preschool that provides a healthy and safe learning environment with well-trained and educated teachers who work with curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound.
- Our developmentally appropriate program emphasizes the different areas of a child’s development, which are physical, language, social/emotional, and cognitive. The classrooms are set up with a “hands-on” approach. The teachers have activities that fit the child’s age and level of development; with opportunities for the child to lead the play and the teacher will join in. For example, a child may show an interest in the kitchen area and the teacher will take that opportunity to talk about cooking or mealtime.
- Our program includes a mixture of both self-directed and teacher-directed activities. There is a schedule that is followed each day and includes times for free play as well as more structured times for circle time or a group activity.
- Our Chef prepares made-from-scratch meals individualized to accommodate allergies and/or family food preferences. We use the healthiest ingredients with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, home-made breads prepared with whole-grain flour and rice dishes made with brown rice.
- Meals are served family style from our toddler classrooms through our school-age classroom. Teachers dine with the children—allowing ample opportunities for conversation and for teaching manners and etiquette.
- A Criminal History Check has been run on every staff member through the State of Texas and through the FBI and are renewed at least every 24 months. Everyone has been fingerprinted.
- Our Georgia locations require comprehensive federal fingerprint checks through the FBI, GBI, National Sex Offender Registry, Georgia DHS IONS Child Abuse Registry, and Georgia Sex Offender Registry. Individuals who have lived outside of Georgia are also required to provide clean out-of-state criminal, child abuse registry and sex offender registry records.
- Every staff member is Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Teachers are required to have at least 26 hours of continuing education credits.
- NAEYC Standards require that 80 percent of our teachers have, or are in the process of obtaining, a degree in Early Childhood or Child Development.
- We have met an additional 417 criteria to maintain NAEYC Accreditation.
Annual Speech and Hearing Tests conducted at Parker-Chase.
At Parker-Chase Preschool of Plano, we are committed to the emotional, social and educational growth of our students. We believe that children need personalized attention in order to flourish, which is why we take pride in our low student-to-teacher ratios. These low ratios are one of the ways we differ from a traditional daycare center.
Our Plano campus offers programs and childcare for infants to pre-kindergarten children.
We take the safety and secure of our students very seriously. All of our teachers are certified in CPR/First-Aid, Abuse & Neglect/SIDS, and Emergency Preparedness Training.
Parents play a key role in the success of school events and activities. We encourage strong parental and family involvement in our school, and our experienced, passionate educators work with each family to ensure that your child will be successful.
We believe that nutritious food is important in developing healthy minds and that mealtime allows children to build social skills. Our onsite chef provides delicious, healthy meals that are served family-style for our students.
We invite you to schedule a tour and see for yourself what makes our school so special.
Learn more about the Plano Community
Waived $100 Registration Fee by mentioning Plano Moms
Grow your business with Plano Moms
Millions of people are on Plano Moms looking for businesses like yours. Show them why they should choose you. Claim your listing and start telling your story your way: Upload photos, collect and respond to reviews, update your business info, and more. Click the Claim Listing button and register on the next screen to begin the process.