What are our Recommendations for Gymnastics for Kids?
For weekly classes or frequent practices, we are always looking for the best Gymnastics places and classes nearby in Plano and around Collin County. Let’s answer some of those big questions and provide our recommendations for you!
How much does it cost to get into gymnastics?
Many Gyms will offer a trial class to see how you like it, and some have bulk discounts for blocks of classes or a monthly commitment. A class will usually vary from $14 – $21 with higher costs for competitive gymnasts of $150 – $300 per month.
Don’t forget to include the cost of travel for meets and equipment and clothing.
When should a child start gymnastics?
Toddlers can begin at age 2 with an introductory-level class session which focuses on developing strength and flexibility, as well as good listening skills. It will also help youngsters become comfortable with the gym equipment — and the often discombobulating sensation of being upside down!
Generally, the class will start with a warm-up that often includes stretches and other exercises. Gymnastics for both men and women requires flexibility, and this is something that even elite competitors work on constantly. Many programs will make warm-ups a set routine so that eventually students can take turns leading the warm-up. After, the class typically moves on to instruction and practice.
If you think your kiddo has some talent and this might be a long term thing or might hopefully turn into a college scholarship one day, you want a USAG accredited gym
It’s a popular activity for Girls and Boys and you’ll see Male Coaches with Classes specifically for Boys at all age levels.
What is the best Gymnastics place? We are lucky to have so many in the area! We listen to local Moms who tell us who they love and have a list for you to choose from.
Plano Moms most recommended classes for Gymnastics are:
Address: 1901 Preston Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75093 Pone: (972) 491-1916
Ages 3-17 (Free Trial classes)
- Gymnastics Classes
- Cheerleading Classes
- Trampoline & Tumbling Classes
- Morning Tumble Bear Classes
- Mommy Me Open Gym every Friday – Free (times are 10am-12pm/ ages 0-5)
- CAMPS – drop in available too
Plano Moms Offer: All first time members who enroll will receive $5 off their first month.
Address: 1941 Preston Rd #1020, Plano, TX 75093
Phone: (972) 985-4545
Plano Moms Offer: $25 off 1st month’s tuition fee!
Kids Can Play Anywhere. At The Little Gym, They Learn Skills For Life!
The Little Gym’s programs are created to advance a wide array of educational and developmental learning
- Increased body control, coordination, strength, and agility
- Awareness and response to music, instructions, and classmates
- Cognitive and speech development
- Lots of energetic exercise and play
- Improved physical abilities
- Social interaction and self-reliance
- Confidence to conquer challenges in any type of situation
Parent/Child Classes (10 months – 3 years)
From infant to toddler, these classes promote early development and provide a strong foundation for your child’s critical first three years. In every Learning Unit, you and your child will celebrate each discovery together with smiles, hugs, and the occasional adult-sized giggle. Class length is 45 minutes.
Kindergarten Gymnastics (3 – 6 years)
These classes for preschoolers and kindergartners help channel all that boundless energy and reach developmental milestones. Independent enough to attend classes without parents, children in this age group still learn best in a structured environment where gymnastics and other activities are combined into structured Learning Units with a healthy dose of fun. Class length is 50-60 minutes.
Grade School Gymnastics (6 – 12 years)
Gymnastics classes for grade school kids are segmented to allow for varying developmental abilities, giving students the chance to tackle new challenges at their own skill level. Celebrated with cheers and high-fives, each new achievement leads to newfound confidence, determination, and a desire to continue improving in every Learning Unit. Class length is 60 minutes.
Check out these Unique Classes for Kids!
Also recommended by Plano Moms for Gymnastics classes:
- Aerobats – OakPoint Recreation Center Address: 6000 Jupiter Rd, Plano, TX 75074 Phone: (972) 941-7540
- Alpha Omega Gymnastics McKinney Address: 8412 Stacy Rd #100, McKinney, TX 75070 Phone: (469) 859-9936
- ASI Gymnastics Address: 4051 Rosemeade Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75287 Phone: (972) 960-1108
- Eagle Gymnastics Academy Address: 6085 Sports Village Rd, Frisco, TX 75034 Phone: (972) 712-4644
- Elevate Gymnastics Address: 5954, 17815 Davenport Rd # 101, Dallas, TX 75252 Phone: (972) 248-2805
- Kurt Thomas Gymnastics Address: 10825 John W. Elliott Dr #400, Frisco, TX 75033 Phone: (214) 872-4646
- Metroplex Gymnastics Address: 205 E Bethany Dr, Allen, TX 75002 Phone: (972) 727-9095
- My Gym Address: 5454 Main St #120, Frisco, TX 75033 Phone: (214) 387-0330
- Precision Gymnastics and Tumbling Address: 1144 N Plano Rd Suite 104, Richardson, TX 75081 Phone: (972) 907-2248
- Plano Aerobats Gymnastics: Address: 6000 Jupiter Rd, Plano, TX 75074 Phone: (972) 941-7540
- Plano Family YMCA Address: 3300 McDermott Rd, Plano, TX 75025 Phone: (214) 705-9459
- WOGA Plano Address: 1937 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75075 Phone: (972) 985-9292
What if my child is on the Autism Spectrum or has Special Needs?
Many local Gyms will accommodate your child and ensure they feel comfortable in the environment they’re in. For more ideas for Kids with Special Needs, check out these
All of our Recommendations are shared and suggested by Plano Moms!